• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    But those players could have been born in Karnataka 
    Abhishek
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29249 Points
    @Carbon_14 all are imported players 
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Services qualified too
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Manipur losing to Tripura is surprising.
  • commentator was fired for this comment by aiff
    actulally i somewhat agree with the commentator. i think there was discussuion about this situation on this forum long time ago. 
    IMO a player who in his heart and mind has an attachment for the state he can identify with, only then he should be playing for that state.
    I find it ridiculous when Baichung Bhutia played for WB, Denson Devdas for WB, NP Pradeep played for Maharashtra. There is no emotional connect and pride involved.

Let us say a child of malayalee family living in Delhi since his/her childhood, for parents they will themselves identify as proud Kerala man/woman. But for that child he would identify more on Delhi boy/girl. 
    The child may want to represent Delhi first, then suppose he doesn't get selected, then he can consider for Kerala selection because of the parent's connection. But the child shouldn't be considered for any other state like Orissa, Bihar, Rajasthan because he hasn't been there and there is a vacancy.
    It has become a situation like Qatar NT which is not good.

Jack Grealish, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard have Irish roots through grandparents but they more identify themselves as proud Englishmen. In fact Jack Grealish could have got Irish NT debut in 2014 itself which he rejected because his desire was to play for England.  

So Santosh trophy football should follow a strict rule for state  by place of birth, parental root, grandparental root. So a player has maximum of 3 choices to represent.

Also I find it strange that Karnataka team has so many imports. During intial ISL seaosn when BFC joined, there was a online spat between kbfc and bfc fans. So many memes and trolls were made. Now those young fans in kerala  were trolling everything in karnataka, thier culture, movies and kanndaigas as a whole. But certain fans who are studying/working in Banglore said that we should only troll BFC fans (West Block Blues) and not the whole state. Becauase Kannadigas are very proud of their culture and even have a state flag. 
    Also this a quite letdown from a state in which thier is a serious acacdemy setup. 
    goalkeepardeepak dedhaashindia