Intercontinental Cup 2019

Comments

• arunskumararunskumar Kerala339 Points
                             Gurpreet/Amrinder
    Bheke Jhingan Narender/Anas Mandar/Bose
             Thapa  Raynier/Amarjit/Adil
    Udanta    Sahal/Brandon   Changte/Ashique
                        Sunil/Joby

More or less this looks like Igor's plan for wcqs.i don't think he will test new players in upcoming friendlies if it happens.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    Good that we played better than last time .Jerry singlehandedly tried to fuck up the game for us but luck was on our side.
    And personally  I think Stimac should resign and handover the reign to a few members on IFN , apparently  they know better than everyone.
    [Deleted User]goalkeeparashindiakartik91AbhishekPassishibierEastBengalPrideharitrams24souravindiaand 2 others.
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Fans always feel they know better than the coach, whoever the coach maybe. All sports lovers know this 
    haritrams24
  • critics(be its fans or journalists) are part and parcel of the game, you will get praise and criticism and of course one cant keep everyone happy .. having said that there is no such criteria that one should be master to comment on coach... stimac can and obviously would do what he likes.. fans should do what they want as long as its not physical harm
  • arunskumararunskumar Kerala339 Points
    Guys, what's the biggest positive Indian team can take from this tourney? For me it was Changte!!
    dreamergiridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    Football officials had asked Blue Pilgrim members not to bring banners to the stadium during tonight's match against Syria at the EKA Arena in Ahmedabad. Therefore, in India's ongoing clash with Syria in Ahmedabad, the fans wore anti-FSDL shirts, which stated, "GREED > FOOTBALL".

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/sports-news-football-doesnt-matter-money-does-fans-protest-aiffs-plan-to-snub-i-league-clubs/334316
    [Deleted User]AbhishekEastBengalPridesouravindiaspartamunna219777deepu
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    Subhasish Bose will be first choice for LB... I still feel Jerry is next best in that position...  Mandar as LB would be a disaster against top teams.. Coach needs to utilize his attacking capabilities..
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Fantastic match by India. The main difference between our last 2 matches and this one was that Indians were more compact, pressed higher and with more urgency, gave Syrians little time on the ball and tried to keep hold of the ball instead of making those long hopeful  passes to strikers. And our fitness was better too. Many of you may wonder why am I always emphasizing on pressing, closing down opponents, short passes, fitness in almost all my comments. Well its because these are things that even a technically weak team like ours can learn at this late stage and if done well, these things can unsettle any opposition team, like the Syrians today were rattled.
    Also both Udanta and Changte must be taught on how to dribble, cross and finish. Mere pace will not work against quality defence. And in midfield we can have Raynier instead of Amarjit. Raynier, Thapa and Sahal would be the best midfield for NT. 
    ashindiaAbhishekgoalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050spartaarunskumar
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    What about Soosairaj?
    I felt that he and Raynier were notable omissions form Stimac's squad
    kartik91giridharangoalkeepar
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Definitely! I saw both Raynier and Soosai in kings cup and was impressed by both. Raynier with his build, pace and control looks very midfielder sitting behind attacking mids like thapa and Sahal(what a find he is! ) , Soosai looked a little easy to dispose off the ball but his intelligence on the ball and passing skills are very good! Good backup for thapa or Sahal!
    thebeautifulgameAbhishekgoalkeepar