Indian Super League 2019-20

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6469 Points
    ;Naujawan

most of his passes are diagonal & backward... short forward passes are ok.. mainly he needs to improve long passes..

but his defensive skills are good and one of the top performer this year..
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Why should a defensive midfielder play risky passes that's not his job.

And so ISL and Ileague teams are 0.1 % difference? Please pull out more numbers without any backing.  So isl team differencea must be. 0.0001 no?
    Passi
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    edited December 2019
    East Bengal played 4 matches in 11 days across, Kalyani, Ludhiana, Imphal and back at Kalyani. Show me one isl team which is fit enough to do this!
     Also EB remained unbeaten through this gruelling schedule and no player got any serious injury (T. Naorem is fit again). Ileague players, foreigners and Indians are way fitter and more competitive than their ISL counter parts. In a league format involving both set of teams, across 6 months, all ISL teams will struggle to put  a fit XI on the ground.
    Naujawanharitrams24giridharandeepak dedha
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    I am curious what do you think the league standing would be after this hypothetical leagye
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    edited December 2019

Hero Indian Super League (Hero ISL) Match 40 in Guwahati between NorthEast United FC and Bengaluru FC, scheduled on Wednesday, 18th December will now be played behind closed doors.

https://www.indiansuperleague.com/press-releases/northeast-united-to-play-bengaluru-fc-behind-closed-doors
    munna219777
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    For me Lenny Rodrigues has been the standout performer for the last season and this one. He has improved a lot. Remember how we all used to criticize him furing consti era in NT matches for his poor passing and no game sense...now he has improved a lot. Also prabir das. Another excellent find. We can have a good midfield of Lenny/amarjit, Thapa, and Sahal/Brandon. The thought excites me.
    goalkeeparsudheermylankalEastBengalPrideatuljgPassi
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    ISL 2019-20 Week 6 Top 10 Goals

ashindia
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    After the match, Jorge Costa was giving a pep talk and MCFC players were enjoying that.... looks like Costa has moulded them into a strong cohesive unit, where anyone will score goals....  even diego carlos who always seems irritated and tense is enjoying .... The mourinho way where u toil in the pitch and get results.... no need to play the passing game.... Only thing is he would need tall players in defence, beasts in midfield, top class goalkeeper , fast wingers (for counter attack) & a strong centre forward.. The MCFC midfiled of Larbi, Bastos & Borges with all 3 running 10km every match are beasts,,,, 

If we ever decide to change coach, Jorge Costa can be considered..  luks like we donot have players will creativity nor finishing skills/goalscorers to play the possession based style....   Portuguese coaches are good in bringing that style  as well as results.... Matos helped the arrows team to play well in ileague first season, which was later inherited by Pinto....  English coaches are pathetic and must be ignored.... 

Mourinho recently told thaj "There was one at FC Porto, Jorge Costa. One day we were losing 2-0 with Belenenses at halftime, I was going to the dressing room and everyone could see that I was steaming. And Jorge said, 'Wait two minutes out there, please'.

"He went in, closed the door and did the dirty work for me. Then he opened the door and said, 'Guide us.' He did everything I was going to do.

"He was a central defender, had never scored and scored two in that game. There is a big difference between captain and leader, you don't buy leaders, you don't create leaders. When you have them, your team is a step ahead, but today's football is full and people pay more attention to what they look like than who they are "

Same thing with Henrique Sereno, another portuguese who was the leader for Chennayin fc during their title winning season...  John Gregory did not have any idea how to run the team in the next season without him.... Then , next season he brought Goian for that and it did not work out.....  @mohammed_87hassan

goalkeeparharitrams24Nagendragiridharan
  • Suddenly, after acquisition by Manchester City FC - seems the fortunes of Mumbai City FC have changed (beating 2 of the Top 4 in back to back matches) - seems like ISL want Mumbai City FC to win this year..so that investment by Sheikh looks profitable for Sheikh and influence others to buy stakes in ISL...Just a thought !!!
    dev_pfcgoalkeeparharitrams24munna219777NagendragiridharanAbhishek
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29234 Points
    Yes its all planned by Nita in advance 
    haritrams24Naujawanmunna219777NagendragiridharanAbhishek