Afghanistan vs India Group E World Cup Qualifier|14 November 2019

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    ;giridharan 
    partially agree with you.. even mid-fielders are not converting the chances or out-of form..

but strikers should be more responsible for goals.. and the same set of midfielders looks good while playing for their clubs and the main reason is conversion, off-ball movement and also as u said, Players were not intelligent enough to do basics of playing behind player's shoulder..

also I'm not referring Bangladesh game alone.. to be frank, we were actually good against Bangladesh in creating chances... but conversion is pretty poor 
    giridharanChelseafansudheermylankal
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Yeah we had like some 30 corners against them but not a clear cut chance. The best 3 chances fell to Bangladesh on the counter but they missed. Had they scored we would have lost 4-1 or something
    NagendraAbhishekPassigoalkeepargiridharan
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    Hope you either haven't watch complete match or read my post completely.. I still feel we are better team and created more chances than them..it's just not corners,  I'm referring everything..  and it's better if we stop saying if and but. Also when did I say Bangladesh haven't created chances... They prepared very well & their counters are good.. 
    Passi
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    India's best no. 9 is Joby at the moment, its he who should  combine with Sunil upfront! The lad never got a fair run, instead we are playing utter shits like Manvir and Fahrukh! Our best right wing back is Seriton, who isnt in the team either, so we play Bheke who gets caught out of position once every three moves from his side. And then we have Udanta, the sprint queen! Its not fair on Sunil, he just cannot bail us out match after match. People need to step up or be dropped, weirdly with this coach, neither is happening! #stimacout
    SiVAbhishekgaffertapegoalkeeparmunna219777sudheermylankalgiridharankartik91
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    Best playing 11 for India would be

Gurpreet, Seriton, Adil, Sartak, Prabir Das, Raynier, Sahal, Brandon, Farukh, Chetri, Soosairaj

But the playing 11 will be

Gurpeet, Bheke, Adil, Sarthak/Narender, Mandar, Thapa, Raynier, Brandon, Udanta, Chetri, Chhangte/Ashique

# Stimacout

[Deleted User]Passidev_pfcgoalkeeparmunna219777sudheermylankaldhungel35giridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    edited November 2019
    Will #Stimacout solve all our problems?

Can we be sure that the next coach will not be a puppet of FSDL/AIFF or will not be controlled by some player's agency? (those of you who actually believe that this is happening)? Will the ouster of Stimac ensure that the problems that beset the grassroots of Indian football--age fraud, closure of state level tournaments, lack of proper scouting--cease to exist? Haven't we agreed that an NT coach has only limited power and he can only work with a certain pool of players at his disposal?

I admit that Stimac has not lived up to expectations: his team selection and strategies have been baffling at times, he has been ignoring several players who deserve a NT call up but the way some of you are putting it--the so-called #Stimacout--seems to be an overly reductive approach to the problem. It seems that the moment Stimac is ousted, some new coach with his Midas touch will step in and lift India from its present quagmire to become world-beaters.

"People need to step up or be dropped, weirdly with this coach, neither is happening!"

@EastBengalPride:  With this coach only? Didn't it happen with the previous coach? Did the likes of Passi, Narayan Das, Narzary perform day in, day out to earn their place in the team? This has been happening time and again and that is why the malaise in Indian football runs far deeper. I agree with the rest of your post.
    dev_pfcSanjeev BiswasDeb_Banmunna219777AbhishekatuljggiridharanPassigaffertapekartik91
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    edited November 2019
    Stimac took Pronay Halder to press conference.... does that me Mr Halder will play tomorrow? Or it's no big deal... ?
    munna219777Abhishek
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Anyone who sae sae sae the entire Bangladesh match must have seen that we did not creat any clear cut chance in the entire 90 minutes! Merely having 71% possession or taking 18 long range speculative (and wildly off target) shots at tge opposition goal does not count as chances. We had more possession because Bangladesh let us have it by sitting back and not pressing high enough. Whereas Bangladesh had 3-4 clear cut chances to score (out of which they converted one, one was barely tipped over by Gurpreet and one was a goal line save from adil i think). Sometimes stats do not represent the full or correct picture.
    I don't like criticizing my NT but it really hurts that we played so so badly. Especially when we have seen tge same guys play out brilliant, attractive, attacking football as against Thailand and UAE in asian cup or a superb defensive display as against qatar in the previous match. That is why it hurts even more - that we could have played much better but could not!!
    sudheermylankal