Indian Football Transfer News 2020-21, Rumours, Gossips, Signings

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Lets hope he take up the chances with  ISL.
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    If there was no bio-bubble, I bet he would have turned out for a khep team.
    goalkeepardhritiman7indian_goonersparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    I was just about to post the same report :)

I would say that he is a bit of an 'iffy case"--as the Coventry City coach says, he has '“unbelievable” quality with his feet" and “he’s Premier League quality”, but his attitude and behaviour strikes me as a bit of a concern.

Also the reaction of the Coventry City fans on whether he should be given another lifeline there, a club where he arguably enjoyed the best spell of his career, suggests that his presence affected the dressing-room spirit adversely

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-city-bright-enobakhare-19060714
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    He got age on his side. You never know. It can be a masterstroke B)
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    I am curious  as to what he did.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    Jamal Bhutan covid positive, MDS looking for replacement
    haritrams24
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    @thebeautifulgame East Bengal has nothing to lose. They are at the bottom and a quality striker who can score is required... 
    He too has that Wigan athletic link and guess Robbie will have someone to take care of his discipline
    @Naujawan: You are a very naughty fellow B) ;)

Seems he has drinking problems according to rumours. Curious to see how EB handles him

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/j5q6m9/bright_enobakhares_contract_is_terminated_by/.compact
    Some more information on CCFC's new Singaporean forward Iqbal Hussain

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/football/iqbal-gets-i-league-move

Iqbal gets I-league move

He is known for his physical and technical prowess on the pitch and his Bollywood-inspired social media videos off it. Soon, Singapore forward Iqbal Hussain could well be showcasing one of his trademark dance celebrations in India.

On Tuesday, the 27-year-old made the biggest move of his football career when he inked a short-term deal with Chennai City to become the first Singapore-born player to sign for an Indian club. According to the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), India is ranked 15th in terms of club competitions, four rungs ahead of Singapore.

The former Geylang International forward flew to Chennai on Friday, and is set to become only the third Singaporean to represent an Indian club after England-born John Wilkinson played for Salgaocar in 2013 and Nigeria-born Precious Emuejeraye played for Churchill Brothers in 2017.

Iqbal did not hesitate to reunite with coach Satyasagara (formerly known as K. Balagumaran), having worked together at Gombak United in 2012 and Hougang United in 2016.

"It really makes a difference when you have a coach who believes in your ability," he said. "I have always wanted to play overseas but obstacles always came up at the last minute.

"I just want to step out of my comfort zone, prove my worth at a higher level and contribute to Chennai City.

"It is amazing I will be doing so in a country where my great-grandparents were from."

In the recently concluded Singapore Premier League (SPL) season, he played 13 games, starting four times due to the ruling that senior local clubs have to start three Under-23 players. He scored twice to help the Eagles qualify for the AFC Cup by finishing as the third-best local team, and fourth overall.

He said: "I want to thank Geylang for taking me in when my move to (Thai League 1 club) Sukhothai collapsed at the last minute. I was down and thought about hanging up my boots when coach Noor Ali gave me a chance."

The 1.86m attacker could make his I-League debut on Jan 9, when Chennai City take on Gokulam Kerala in their opener at the Kalyani Municipal Stadium.

He hopes to convince his new employers to extend his contract beyond the end of the season in April. The club plan to play in the richer Indian Super League (ISL), which offers the champions an AFC Champions League spot.

Passimunna219777Carbon_14indian_gooner
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    Bright was rejected by Peterborough on 28th November. I believe he has some fitness concerns. Club's first choice was dave watmore, but he signed for Middleborough on November
    Passigiridharan