List of Players who deserve National Team Call-Up

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    @gaffertape giving lol as you have not included his agency players 
    ashindiagaffertapemunna219777atuljgRonnykartik91giridharan
  • CDM - Halder (to break few legs in mf if required)

Inida's answer to Roy Keane :D
    thebeautifulgameSiVmunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29630 Points
    @SiV: Why Sahal though? At least, based on his performance in this ISL where his finishing has been very poor, I don't think he deserves a chance.

Just curious, many of you have included Mehtab Singh. He was a very exciting talent when he was in the EB U-18 team, but once he graduated to the main team, his performance was rather patchy. Is he getting regular game time  and is he performing consistently? Would be more than happy if this talented youngster finds a place in the star-studded MCFC line-up.  
    PassiSiVmunna219777goalkeeparsouravindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29630 Points
    @goalkeepar: I have found out that 'lol' is the most common reaction that @gaffertape nowadays gives to most of the posts
    ashindiaPassimunna219777goalkeeparsouravindiakartik91giridharanathi_bheekaran
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    @thebeautifulgame Not much options in CAM... And i thought Sahal has improved a lot in the last few games, but finishing has been poor.. 

Suresh Singh Wangjam is good as CDM... He too plays a physical style....He too should be there....  Stimac always says he need beasts in MF...  Halder might be required if we play a defensive counter attack style against Qatar... Problem is he concedes too many fouls at dangerous setpiece locations...
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    ;goalkeepar & thebeautifulgame
    Lol is better than dislike & WTF reaction. Also I guess we will earn points for Lol reaction which is actually good :)
    munna219777goalkeeparChelseafan
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Most of these agents are butthurt lol
    gaffertape
  • I didnt see the last match of EB so went through the replay couple of times specially since Bright came in. If there are no other problems he is going to finish amongst top 3 foreigners playing this Isl. 2 things standout, his off the ball movement is at a different level cause of which he needs to dribble much less and create space and second is his feet movement and can pass almost 270°, reason why he is able to pass with ease starting at 0° at his right arm and +90° to his left. Indian midfielders should see his videos and learn constantly. Only Indian player who probably has a bit of the first point is Jeakson. Others like Yasir, Thapa, Borges, Suresh, Sahal should start adding it to their repertoire
    munna219777RonnyashindiaNagendraSiVindian_goonerPassigiridharanEastBengalPrideChelseafan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    That sort of thing can't be added in your 20s.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited January 2021
    I don't think we'll be very effective in 4-2-3-1 format. There's a strong reason for that. In this format you need to have a striker upfront who can shield the ball or can hold on to the ball, so that the wingers can make the diagonal runs into the box and thus giving opportunity to the side backs to move up-front for the crosses and you create numerical advantage upfront or inside the box overall. I don't see any indian striker with the physical or technical ability, who can fulfill this role. Hence, 2 strikers upfront is the best buy for the time being. Otherwise most of our efforts will be nullified in the final third and opponent will get the chance to catch us off guard on counters. It looks good when we play lot of passes, keep possession to ourselves but is it effective or can it bring goal scoring Opportunities for us from open play with this set of players! I highly doubt.
    I know, it may not sound very encouraging but utilising resources to the best of their abilities is the need of the hour.

indian_gooner