List of Players who deserve National Team Call-Up

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    How is Reynier Fernandes playing this season? I was mighty impressed with him during Stimac's early matches in the Kings Cup. I always believe India can play a decent possession game with a 4 man central midfield comprising of Suresh/Reynier, Thapa, Sahal and Brandon. More like a diamond midfield with 2 strikers. These 4-5 guys are the most technically gifted ball players that we have right now and it would be criminal not to use them together! Indian NT can play a diamond formation, make the field narrow, compress the play in the middle and make it more compact and play short passes possession game. Thats the best use of our limited resources as of now.

I am not in favour of using wingers at present because we don't have players with that amount of technical nous, crossing, dribbling (except Changte and Soosauraj) abilities and who are also good with off the ball movement plus great stamina. Sure we have players who can run up and down the wings but their end product is a complete waste (Udanta, Jackiechand etc).. they simply take the ball from our defence and run towards the side of opponent half and on reaching there... nothing! They either make a poor cross or they shoot wildly off target. In either case we lose the initiative and the ball. It would have helped if we had wingers eho could have cut in from the side and run inside towards the penalty area but unfortunately none of our wingers are technically that good. So using wingers is a waste unless we are playing ultra defensive and need them as outlets to relieve pressure on our backline. Best way to play would be to use our best ball playing midfielders, keep the ball with us using short passes and compress the play, making it compact. 
    PassiSiVatuljgindian_goonerkartik91
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    Jerry Maw played well yesterday and seems to have grown in confidence... He was playing CAM with Nanda on LW, Mauricio on RW and Daniel as Striker....  He is also taking the free kicks ... He was already there in national squad for his performances last season as RW...

Itz good there are few options for national team in CAM now... Jerry, Yasir, Brandon can do it.. Sahal i guess has to step up after yesterday's performance.... 
    PassiChelseafanashindiakartik91
  • PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    Jerry didn't play as CAM yesterday. He played as RW only. Mauricio played as an advanced playmaker. Check out their heat maps
    ashindiakartik91Abhishek
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Rainier has been too soft physically. I don't think he will last long whereas Suresh would keep getting better and stronger
    PassiashindiaChelseafan
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    @Passi Not sure about heat map.. but observed that they started in the first half with Jerry in the middle, Mauricio in Right .. Jerry was going for goal or trying to find Daniel or Mauricio.. Nanda was going for goal ...

Then in the 2nd half, positions were intechanged...
    Passi
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Lets offer Bright Indian citizenship :smiley:
    ashindiaPassimunna219777kartik91Abhishekharitrams24Chelseafan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited February 2021
    This was the squad last time India played international match

GK :    Gurpreet, Amrinder, Dheeraj

DF       Rahul Bheke, sarthak golui, Narender Gehlot, Nishu Kumar, Adil Khan, Pritam Kotal, Anas Ethadoika

MF     Anirudh Thapa, Sahal Abdul Samad, Brandon Fernandes, Lallianzuala Chhangte, Udanta Singh, Mandar      Rao Desai, Ashique Kuruniyan, Vinit Rai, Pronay Halder

FW     Sunil   Chetri,  Manvir Singh,  Seiminled Doungel, Farukh Choudhary  

Now based on ISL   / I League so far and various fitness / injury concerns

which players can be removed and who can be added on to this list !!!!

Abhishek
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3619 Points
    Dheeraj, Sarthak, Nishu, Anas. Pronay, Udanta, Sahal, Doungel, Farukh should not even be in the squad IMO!!
    munna219777gaffertapeashindiaSiVRonnyAbhishekdhritiman7Chelseafan
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Some of those players will be replaced by Rai, Mishra,Sana, Apuia, Glan,Liston, Arindam,Ishan,Suresh etc
    munna219777NaujawanashindiaAbhishekgiridharandhritiman7
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    Nishu Kumar made a bad choice to sign for Blasters, he would have been mainstay in BFC this season.
    ashindiaAbhishekmunna219777giridharan