2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29282 Points
    Only Khalid Jamil can save indian football
    EastBengalPrideCarbon_14Deb_BanRonnygaffertapeashindiaAbhishekkartik91
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    deepu said:
    Now we are celebrating a 1-0 win over Nepal in which the team finally scored in the 10 minutes courtesy a 37 year old legend, who frankly speaking should not be playing in these sort of games, well this says a lot of our NT's standard and our falling expectations from the team. 
    Stimac is a disgrace to Indian football and should be sacked immediately.  His bhangra dance was objectionable not only bcoz it was insulting of your opponent but also bcoz Stimac considers it a great achievement if India is scoring the likes of Nepal.
    The villain in all this is not only ISL or AIFF. They have their share of blame but the primary responsibility of such horrendous play lies with national coach!
    Can u tell me who appointed that national coach? 
    From wut i hv seen , that guy is not even worthy of being called a coach 
    But its aiff , isl and reliance who should take primary responsibility here 
    Real clubs are creating players and circus is ruining them 🤷‍♂️ , whose fault is that? , on top of that a joker has been given the coach's position after removing another lucky joker 
    I mean we dont even hv bolls to call out these babus? 
    Stimac was selected based on his pedigree as a world cup player and the limited success he enjoyed as Croatia's caretaker manager. His remaining managerial career record was ignored. Why? Because AIFF wanted a fucking high profile coach who can capitalise on the success of Indian Team in 2019 asian cup (by success I mean relatively - we won a match at asian cup after 40 odd years and team performed decently in remaining matches). Remember, Consti was not removed due to poor performance! It was done bcoz AIFF bosses, in their mistaken belief about NT's abilities due to performances under Consti, wanted the team to play an "attractive, attacking style of football". Stimac was their man to implement this vision and he duly sold unrealistic dreams to those morons in his job interview. 
    Abhishekindian_gooner
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    lol Constantine wasn't removed, he stepped down Asian cup, he mentioned it in the post match conference after match against Bahrain. at least get your facts straight before going on such long single para comments.
    gaffertapekarenesudhakar2050giridharansparta
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Consti stepped down because he was told he wont get a new contract. He did what any sane person would do.
    deepuashindiaChelseafanindian_goonerSanjeev Biswas
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1230 Points
    All to play for in the last two group stage matches. To put things simply, Bangladesh MUST win against Nepal, and India MUST win against Maldives. Two teams that are rather blunt up front must go for the win against two teams that can't defend.
    gaffertapemunna219777gopiajeeshRonnyindian_goonerAbhishekashindiasparta
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Maldives and Nepal can play for Draw as that will be sufficient for Final entry
    giridharanAbhishek
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points

Igor Stimac was seen doing a little jig immediately after after India took the lead through Sunil Chhetri. Although it was all in jest, Abdullah Almutairi perceived it as being 'shameful'. The Croatian responded to him in kind. 

"I’m not sure what’s wrong with my celebration. Can you tell me? I think he should ask himself what he meant when he said India is 95 per cent favourite. That’s disrespectful to his team. He shouldn’t be thinking about myself and my celebration. I’m sorry that he mentioned this because nothing was wrong with my celebration. Or maybe, I don’t have the right to celebrate.

Carbon_14giridharanindian_goonerAbhishekkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    I think that's a perfect response from Stimac. Before the game also Nepal coach after getting down from team bus  immediately took at dig at Stimac with some poor comments when he should have just been focusing on his team
    munna219777indian_goonerAbhishekashindia
  • javierjavier Mumbai368 Points
    edited October 2021
    Must win match for India against Maldives  , won't be able to progress to the finals with just a Draw. 
    munna219777
  • javierjavier Mumbai368 Points
    2003 edition of SAFF Championship is the only instance of India not qualifying for the finals of the tournament, some negative history would be created today once again if India don't win. 
    Abhishekmunna219777Ronny