2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• RaghsRaghs Chennai654 Points
    Now I'm just so much sure that We are a dead team if chhetri goes.
    deepuAbhisheksudheermylankal
  • AbhishekAbhishek 461 Points
    shibier said:
    A big shout out for Maldivian fans ....
    Wish to see a similar crowd at the great old Ambedkar stadium, Delhi someday! ❤️
    shibierashindiagoalkeeparkartik91indian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Sunil should play for as long as he wants..I want to see him score 100 international goals
    deepuAbhishekgoalkeeparindian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    Ronny said:
    So 80 goals for my friend now? Jumps ahead of Ali Makhbout
    Chhetri has 79 goals after today's game and in 6th position along with Zambian legend, Godfrey.
    Yah Chhetri 1 goal ahead of Ali Mabkhout (78 goals) and Messi (80) is 1 goal head of Chhetri. 
    RonnyashindiaAbhishekgiridharankartik91
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Ronny said:
    Nagendra said:
    yah. Sunil always savior .

Chhetri & Ashfaq are definitely best 2 strikers in South Asia.
    There is no comparison honestly. Sunil is way ahead of him. Ashfaq scores only from his left but Sunil scores from both and in the air he is no less than Tim Cahill. he also played abroad at a much higher level
    Both are good but what I have seen from Ashfaq he is technically superior then chettri even though no so good overall as a player. Both should be lauded even Ashfaq who If im not wrong has got a full time job outside football. 
    AbhishekNagendraRonnygiridharangoalkeeparkartik91indian_gooner
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Ashfaq finally gets his goal against India. At this point he's only concerned about reaching that 100 cap mark, so I suppose he'll sleep easy tonight.

Maldives will now need a major overhaul of their squad, which was the oldest in the tournament. We have a decent U-23 team but the coach, despite raving about the talent in that group of players, only picked 3 from that team to the squad and played just one, the left-back Haisham, who in my opinion was our best performer from this tournament. But no one here will speak about him because he's a defender.

Maldivian coaches love the kick-and-run players who have a lot of pace that can run in straight lines like Ali Fasir and Ibrahim Mahudhee, although offer zero creativity. The most creative player Hamza was predictably pushed out to play on the left wing. This experiment with a local coach exposed all our flaws and magnified them. Maldives won hard-fought games against the two weakest teams and got convincingly beaten by the two finalists.
    NagendragaffertapeashindiaRonnyCarbon_14munna219777shakkeerKMkarenesudhakar2050rudradeepuand 5 others.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    Ronny said:
    Nagendra said:

There is no comparison honestly. Sunil is way ahead of him. Ashfaq scores only from his left but Sunil scores from both and in the air he is no less than Tim Cahill. he also played abroad at a much higher level
    I never said best player. Left foot, right foot or header, goal is a goal.  For me, along with Chhetri, Ashfaq is best striker from South Asia. Also Chhetri had privilege to play with good players along with strikers and could have learnt 1 or 2 best things from his teammates. I don't think Ashfaq had similar players around.
    Deb_Banashindia
  • arunskumararunskumar Kerala339 Points
    Apuia showed some class today, was bit disappointed with him in the last match. But he really turned it around today. 
    giridharansudheermylankalkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Ronny said:
    Nagendra said:

I never said best player. Left foot, right foot or header, goal is a goal.  For me, along with Chhetri, Ashfaq is best striker from South Asia. Also Chhetri had privilege to play with good players along with strikers and could have learnt 1 or 2 best things from his teammates. I don't think Ashfaq had similar players around.
    If you are saying best striker in Asia then you need to include Chencho as well who had it even more difficult coming from Bhutan. He still made it as a foreigner into 2 different ISL teams
    souravindiagaffertapegoalkeeparspartaindian_gooner
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    Stimac is out so if the players don't listen to him. We actually have a chance 😂
    sudheermylankalAbhishek