2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    It will be difficult without the coach. Hopefully there is a good plan from the management
    giridharanmunna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    Ali makbout is young he will easy overtake Ali Assfuck and Sunil Chhatri 
    ashindiaBrainFallINDIAdebarghya89Nagendradev_pfcdeepuharitrams24namewtheldgiridharanCarbon_14and 1 other.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    Not sure if your foul language is intentional or not.  Ali Mabkhout scored 78 goals and is already way ahead of Ali Ashfaq (56 goals).  Just 1 game is enough for Ali to surpass Chhetri(79).

Ali Mabkhout is top class striker and miles ahead of Chhetri & Ashfaq . But we cannot compare them due to
    1. Quality of players around. Mabkhout is playing for UAE club, Al Jazira . This club has a history of signing top class players. Day-in & Day-out, he gets to play with them. Players will improve only if you are with best & against the best.
    2. Are India & Maldives NT comparable to UAE NT ? To list a few,  Quality of players, Infrastructure, no. of friendlies & quality of NT opponents
    3. No. of league games. Ashfaq & Chhetri started their professional career in 2001 & 2002 and they have played 248 & 226 games respectively, even if Chhetri not tried in MLS & Portuguese League, he would have played 20-25 games more which would be around 250 games. Both Ashfaq &  Chhetri played almost equal no. of league games (250). Where-as Mabkhout started his career from 2009 and he already played 227 games (who is not a good number) , but still better the other two. 
    4. Same applicable for NT games. If we take-out initial years & consider only starting from 2012, Ali (UAE) played 94 International games, where-as Chhetri played 69 games & Ali(Maldives) played 41 games.   94 > 69 > 41

Though I would say Ali (UAE)  > Chhetri >= Ali(Maldives) and Mabkhout is one of the great striker in Asia, but we have to understand the players support (quality) he is getting from his club & country. But with limited resources, Chhetri & Ali(Maldives) have done excellent job to their clubs & N.T and I would rate them as best strikers in South Asia.

souravindiagaffertapeshakkeerKMgiridharanspartaCarbon_14G_KPassithebeautifulgamegoalkeeparand 1 other.
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    Why is this being allowed?😒
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    Ali Ashfaq is a bit overrated in my opinion, he was so hyped about 7-8 years ago, and had trial at an I-league club which ended in not getting any contract and then ended up in playing Malaysian 2nd division.
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    edited October 2021
    dev_pfc said:
    Ali Ashfaq is a bit overrated in my opinion, he was so hyped about 7-8 years ago, and had trial at an I-league club which ended in not getting any contract and then ended up in playing Malaysian 2nd division.

Eventually, he was named the best foreign player in Malaysia's premier league for the season. Furthermore, he got the opportunity to play against Tottenham for the chosen Malaysian XI, which comprised just four of Malaysia's finest overseas players, and Ashfaq was one of them.
    Carbon_14ashindiaindian_gooner
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Ashfaq's rise is astonishing considering his circumstances. He never had experience playing in a football academy or any kind of organised coaching as a kid, first kicked a ball when he was 16, then made his top flight debut just a year later at 17. He blew all Maldivian goalscoring records immediately and was made captain of his club at just 18, then made his national team debut when he was 19.

There was really no special reason for him to be head and shoulders above all the other Maldivian footballers, but he just was. He now expresses regret at having rejected offers from the Benfica academy and Bursaspor earlier in his career. He should have stayed in Malaysia when he moved there on loan in 2007. I can only imagine the opportunities that could have opened for other Maldivian youngsters if he had a prolonged career abroad. He has even purposefully botched trial opportunities and loan moves abroad, like getting sent off when he knew scouts were watching, and putting on horrible performances at trials abroad just because he didn't want to leave home.

My gripe with him now is that he tends to steal the spotlight from every other talented Maldivian player, which is not always his fault, but the sports media and fans here tend to be rather overzealous when it comes to him. So many talented youngsters have missed opportunities to play international football because we took him to every U-23 tournament (as one of 3 eligible over-age players), and even though he's not an out-and-out striker, we rely on his goals and play him as a lone striker rather than giving natural forwards the opportunities to flourish. That's one reason why we've struggled to get results against higher ranked teams.
    namewthelddev_pfcmunna219777RonnyCarbon_14Sanjeev BiswasDeb_BanPassithebeautifulgamegiridharanand 6 others.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    Those who are saying him to be overrated are judging on the basis of his current form, and hasn't seen his rise.
    giridharanashindiamunna219777goalkeeparNagendra
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    When you are not focusing on being a social media star and continue working hard, success is bound to follow. This guy was not even in the starting 11 during the world cup but stuck around

Carbon_14dev_pfcG_Kmunna219777deepunamewtheldarunskumarindian_gooner