ISL 2022-23: Bye Bye Bio-Bubble, Welcome Back, Fans

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    @Ronny
    but why did the ref not mark the spot for the free kick and just wave ? I still don't get it. 
    You can't allow players to place the ball and do it on their own accord.
    Sunil Chhetri  : "I saw an opening and told referee I don't want the whistle and I don't want the wall, he asked me "are you sure? I said yes. Guess Luna heard it and that's why he tried blocking once". 
    giridharanashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3664 Points
    @dev_pfc
    As you said player is within his rights to either ask for the wall or not. But marking the ball is the ref's job. He cannot shy away from that. Even in the quick goals video you can see people scored after the ball being marked. Even in last David Luiz goal even the wall was marked. Ref was very easy on it. He was lazy and just said take it. That seems lazy from the ref is all I am saying. What if Chettri keeps the ball 5 yards in and takes it. It is his job to ensure he does that in my opinion. it is the rule for all direct FK.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    edited March 2023
    This referee involved in lot of controversy goals/penalty kicks. Only VAR can solve these controversies. 
    Luna knows Chhetri is going to take the free kick. Even after the goal, Luna is rushing to place the ball in center-point to continue the play. 

Even if it is illegal goal, it's shameful act from the Coach to call the players. They have close to 25 mins play to fight for the equalizer. I'm at receiving end many times (just in mandal/zonal level) in crucial matches, we never walked-off. Won few from losing position and lost few. Here, we are seeing this in nation's top league. 
    giridharangoalkeeparashindiasouravindiaindian_gooner
    edited March 2023
    @Nagendra
    This ref is useless in my opinion too. He should have forfeited the game 3-0 in favor of BFC when they walked out as per regulation. Instead he was tensed and was checking with Match commissioner and made BFC players wait 20 mins on the ground and the 1-0  score line stood. Common make up your mind. It seemed the officials cannot deal with any decision making at all. Like they just stood in awe and kept taking shit from everyone. Even if he makes a mistake he should be strong enough to have red carded Ivan right away. That is the rules. This ref screws up first then again fails to do his job by not showing a red to Ivan and yellow to all players. I would fire this ref right away. We don't need such incapable people taking decisions in big games. 
    Nagendraashindiasouravindiaindian_goonerRonny
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    He is a coward and a loser who knew fully well that his poor team has no power to score and Equalizer.
    giridharanashindiaindian_goonerRonnyThe real AG
    He is a coward and a loser who knew fully well that his poor team has no power to score and Equalizer.
    Yeah true he should apologize to the KBFC fans. He has received so much love from the KBFC fans and yet he let them down. They paid their money to not watch their team give up with 20 mins left. Unacceptable in any professional level.
    RaghsRonnygaffertapeThe real AG
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited March 2023
    Walking off the pitch is unacceptable and is a sign of huge disrespect towards the fans . Like someone said there were 25 mins left to fight for an equalizer . Also Both teams were playing equally good . After Sahal and Aayush came on , KBFC were really making good moves . 

Now when it comes to the sanction , AIFF and FSDL have to be careful here .Whether you like it or not , majority of ISL viewership comes from Kerala . It's a huge business and market there. A harsher penalty like point deduction or suspension is not only going to affect KBFC but the whole league itself .
    indian_goonersouravindia
This discussion has been closed.