FIFA World Cup 2026 USA/Canada/Mexico & AFC Asian Cup 2027 Saudi Arabia (Qualifications)

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    How does Manvir make it to the NT 

They benched Mahesh dropped Nanda and Isak and played this guy who couldn't trap the ball, couldn't carry it and does nothing

Also Chhetri should retire. He was missing the whole game
    goalkeepardeepak dedhamunna219777
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    edited March 22
    I agree . 
    It's time to hang his boots . 
    He contributes nothing to the squad . 
    Shambolic performance . 
    Going by this performance and seriousness of AIFF , I think Indian Football/ISL will have 0 sponsors in the coming years . 
    Why would anyone invest in this mess . No one can blame anyone for neglecting NT . I mean whom do AIFF/FSDL think we are ? Japan ? Brazil? How can this substandard players learn about tactics and play as a unit in 4 to 5 days ?
    A logic thing to use PIO s is also not getting materialised.  Trust me,  this league will plummet and shut down once Ambanis businesses take a beating . Disappointed.  

indian_goonergoalkeeparMaddieashindiamunna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6760 Points
    Not sure why everyone is bashing Manvir . He is better than Chhetri & Chhangte in yesterday's game and he scored all important goal against Kuwait.  Manvir is playing out of his position both in ISL & for N.T. I always said he is never a good winger. To get best out of him, play him as a striker.

I don't want to mention Vikram since he needs few more games to settle-in. But he needs to understand playing in ISL & N.T is altogether a different ball game where you have 4 foreign players to help you on the field. 

Taking out Manvir is actually a bad thing. Instead coach would have taken out Chhetri & replaced him with Mahesh. Chhangte is very good in Right side & Mahesh in left wing. 

For me, Rahul Bheke played well followed by Anwar Ali & Manvir. Even Apuia is ok. Liston , Brandon & Bose made impact after coming-in. Our Captain is totally absent and I have lost my patience with Poojari.. Akash somehow lost his touch. Once Jhingan is back, it's better play Bose as a Left Back and Rahul as a Right Back. Coach needs to bring in players like Akash, Jay & Asish as impact-subs in 2nd half.

As most of them pointed out, it's time to move-on from Chhetri, coach needs to give chances to Sivasakthi, Aizwal no.18 Lal Lal & Mohammaden player David Lal. 
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    edited March 22
    @Nagendra problem with Manvir is not about the position he's playing. Issue is his basics and football IQ, he has spoilt even half/rare chances that India created. The way he receives the ball, touches and moves feels like amateur not a pro level footballer playing for a top club.

Also it's high time we realise that ISL contribution is nothing to Indian football except PR and media hype. Bloated salaries, zero youth development, poor attitude, overreliance on average foreigners and seriousness of players and staff.

Yesterdays match was even more frustrating because the intent from players to WIN THIRD ROUND QUALIFICATION WAS MISSING. THEY JUST KEPT PASSING BACKWARDS, CASUAL PASSING, NO CROSSES, ALMOST ZERO DELIVERIES INSIDE THE BOX, NONE OF OPEN CHANCES EVEN HIT TARGET. THEY LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE HAPPY TO JUST FINISH THE MATCH

IF INDIA DONT WIN AT HOME IN A CONVINCING MANNER, IM GOING TO QUIT FOLLOWING INDIAN FOOTBALL AFTER ALMOST WASTING MY TIME FOR THE LAST 16 YEARS
    NagendraBrainFallINDIAdeepak dedhaindian_goonergopiajeeshgiridharanmunna219777
    ;ashindia 

brother.. we need fascinate fans like you... we lost many.. not sure if namewtheld will be back to forum or not..

I felt frustrated & lost all the patience. Even I never saw Indian N.T playing like this.

Clearly there is no desire & intent to win this game and was happy with back passes & square-passes. To make things worse, none of the Afghan players are playing in top-tier football.

Most of the ISL clubs inflated the salary mainly Mohun Bagan & Mumbai City .. BFC & Goa FC used to pay heavily, but seems like they realized it..  Indian players earning way more than Jordan, Oman, Tajikistan, Syria & few Thailand players and Indian players clearly lack desire to win the games & happy with hefty pay checks.

Salary Cap need to be reintroduced in ISL else it will kill the system with no proper youth development & infra. Also something wrong in M.B & Kerala Blasters training as most of the players are getting injured.

I really like how clubs like Sreenidhi, Shillong & Aizawl are operating with proper planning. Hope Aizawl  stay-up in I league. 
    deepak dedhaindian_goonerashindiamunna219777
  • souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points
    When you play Sunil Chhetri as CAM at the age of 39 you know India is loosing the plot. First of all team selection was nuts, against Afghanistan we had 6 players defending including 2 DMs. We are just producing players on the right and left side of the pitch nothing along the central line and this is due to the stupid rule of 3+1. To be frank I dont think if Baichung/Vijayan would have played in this era, they would have got that chance at all. Also over reliance on foreign coaches, who will hesitate to play an Indian in those positions even if he knows if given chances they could make it. I can bet with anyone, apart from a select few foreign players, those positions should have been up for grabs if performance was the only criteria. We need to fo back to 2+1 of National league/I league era. For me there are better technical players than heater years but we are just loosing them. Also we need some hard decisions of investing in youth and move away from elders in the team even if it means trying players shobdo not get chances even at vvlub level. It looks like there's a team nexus that's in display , need to get rid of coach as well
    munna219777
    Problem will not solve if we switch from 3+1 to 2+1.. It will do more harm to NT & ISL. If we need more players on the pitch, include more teams in I-League & lower leagues..

Development should be organic and we shouldn't cut-off the no. of foreigners... Even with 4 foreign players, ISL games are slower & reduction of foriegn players will be an eye-soar to watch ISL games.

Thailand allows clubs to sign 5 foriegn players + 1 AFC player + 3 Asean players - Total 9 players and on top of it, they allow dual citizenship. 
    deepak dedhaindian_goonersouravindiamunna219777
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3504 Points

Mathday Vlog of Pkaistan v Jordan
    Posting the video here because of How they created Mirzapur Meme in the intro which they are trolling India and I'm also happy with it and enjoyed.

munna219777
  • souravindiasouravindia 3663 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Problem will not solve if we switch from 3+1 to 2+1.. It will do more harm to NT & ISL. If we need more players on the pitch, include more teams in I-League & lower leagues..

Development should be organic and we shouldn't cut-off the no. of foreigners... Even with 4 foreign players, ISL games are slower & reduction of foriegn players will be an eye-soar to watch ISL games.

Thailand allows clubs to sign 5 foriegn players + 1 AFC player + 3 Asean players - Total 9 players and on top of it, they allow dual citizenship. 
    I dont agree. Thing is if isl coaches plays players on merit then thats fine but if you look closely less than average foreigners are taking up places of Indian players who are not even getting chances. Tell whether you have seen this in early ILeague/ NFL, where players like Baichung gts inducted into clubs just on basis of 1 tournament and starts getting chances on a more regular basis. Chhetri would not have been Chhetri without the chances he received early in his career. And now for some unknown f* Foreigners ( if you check stats few would have scored regularly) , even if you are top scorer in I league, you won't get chances whatsoever to even play a few games in isl. This is Whats causing problems can't you see. Why are we only getting wingers and full backs? That too all or most of similar quality, I won't say they are asian standards though, it's because other important positions a foreigner will play irrespective of how faltu he is. It's the fucking  mindset that needs to change and it won't considering 9 of 11 are foreign coaches who just dont believe indian footballers. Increasing team to atleast 16 is not gonna happen immediately, so for me going to 2+1 is the solution, where these coaches would have no option but to play either 10 or 9. I have seen a lot of potentials in past 10 years going down the drain and it really sucks.
    giridharan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C4010 Points
    https://sports.ndtv.com/football/wc-qualifiers-stimac-says-he-will-resign-if-india-fail-to-reach-third-round-5307739

WC Qualifiers: Igor Stimac Says He Will Resign If India Fail To Reach Third Round

Atleast one ray of hope he won't stick around till 2026 if we get eliminated :smile: I think that's a fair challenge he got the extension citing progress and getting to third round.

ashindiaDeb_Banindian_goonersouravindiamunna219777