FIFA World Cup 2026 USA/Canada/Mexico & AFC Asian Cup 2027 Saudi Arabia (Qualifications)

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3615 Points
    Looks like I need time off from football now. Irrespective of coach and selection how can we loose against a b string Afghan team. All players should resign from football. 30 years of following indian football now I have given up
    giridharanashindiagoalkeepar
  • samsam 16442 Points
    How many times India has beaten Afghanistan in last 10 years?
    Just 3
    3 draws and 2 loses

All ISL era. God knows why everyone was expecting 6 points from these two games. Max 4 was possible realistically. 3 likely. India got 1. 
    RonnyDeb_Banashindiamunna219777
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3720 Points
    sam said:
    Just 3
    3 draws and 2 loses

All ISL era. God knows why everyone was expecting 6 points from these two games. Max 4 was possible realistically. 3 likely. India got 1. 
    No we all thought we would win one of these games the minimum. Stimac was also equally terrible with some positions he placed the players today. He can ask for longer camps all he wants. It is not possible for a national team coach to change the domestic shit. We just need to stop. Be like plastic fans they have all the joy in the world switching teams at their will. Here we are heart broken with no hope of a change. 
    munna219777
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    If any shame left Stimac should resign and if any shame left AIFF should sack Igor tomorrow if he dont resign and also it is high time SC11 should hang his boots for India atleast. 
    giridharansouravindiaDeb_Banashindiagoalkeeparmunna219777
  • samsam 16442 Points
    sam said:
    Just 3
    3 draws and 2 loses

No we all thought we would win one of these games the minimum. Stimac was also equally terrible with some positions he placed the players today. He can ask for longer camps all he wants. It is not possible for a national team coach to change the domestic shit. We just need to stop. Be like plastic fans they have all the joy in the world switching teams at their will. Here we are heart broken with no hope of a change. 
    Yeah, that's what I said. 3 points likely 
    giridharanmunna219777
  • samsam 16442 Points
    Maddie said:
    If any shame left Stimac should resign and if any shame left AIFF should sack Igor tomorrow if he dont resign and also it is high time SC11 should hang his boots for India atleast. 
    Vietnam sacked their coach after Indonesia beat them
    munna219777
    Maddie said:
    Agreed we are better off playing with Siva Or Even Manvir as number 9. It is high time we replace SC no disrespect. He is done, not sure why he does not see it. He has been given time as well now. I know we don't have options but there are so many smaller countries throwing their amateur players in their main team. That is the best we can hope considering our dearth of options. Throw players like Nassiri, Irfan or whoever and do a Hail Mary. This cannot continue. SC can still continue to be at bench as that will be beneficial.
    munna219777
  • samsam 16442 Points

AIFF President Mr. Kalyan Chaubey, on Friday, March 29, 2024, held a virtual meeting with senior Federation members to discuss the recommendations made by the Technical Committee after India’s recent performance in the FIFA World Cup 2026 and AFC Asian Cup 2027 Preliminary Joint Qualifiers Round 2 matches against Afghanistan.

The AIFF President and its members also took note of certain comments made by India head coach Igor Stimac in the press about his future with the team after the completion of the Round 2 qualifiers. The meeting was attended by 14 senior members of the Federation.

The AIFF President, after listening to all the members’ recommendations and suggestions, has constituted a five-member committee, comprising of Mr. N.A. Haris, Vice President, AIFF, Mr. Menla Ethenpa, Member, Executive Committee and Chairperson, Finance Committee, Mr. Anilkumar Prabhakaran, Member, Executive Committee and Chairperson, Competitions Committee, Mr. I/M. Vijayan, Member, Executive Committee and Chairperson, Technical Committee, and Mr. Climax Lawrence, Member, Executive Committee and Technical Committee. The newly-formed committee has been requested by the AIFF President to hold discussions with the India head coach and seek further clarification on the matter.

Earlier, on Thursday, the Technical Committee had met under the chairpersonship of Mr. Vijayan, where the members of the TC – Mrs. Pinky Bompal Magar, Mr. Shabbir Ali, Mr. Climax Lawrence, Mr. Victor Amalraj, and Mr. Santosh Singh – expressed their disappointment over India’s performance and recommended that discussions need to be held with the head coach before the next two World Cup qualifiers against Kuwait (June 6) and Qatar (June 11).

India played two World Cup qualifiers against Afghanistan in the March FIFA International Window. The first match in Abha, Saudi Arabia ended in a stalemate, while the second in Guwahati, saw India suffer a 1-2 defeat at the hands of the team ranked 158th in the world.

edited March 29
    Doesn't matter what AIFF thinks. In the last 2 years the outreach programs have been cut. The grassroot budgets are cut. I am no longer seeing any youth coaches boot camps it has greatly been cut. There is like budget cuts everywhere. Now the rumors are we can't even compensate the coach in case we fire him. Shows how bad of a state we are in. We should have never paid exorbitant money to get a coach to being with. 

I would take a good young upcoming strong coach and hire 4-5 great youth coaches from around the world. Then AIFF should come out and say we will struggle for the next few years but we will continue with this project. We need a long term program. When arrows was killed it seems like our youth development was killed with it. This shows how bad of a situation we are in. Ban foreign players in I-League and give deserving I-League players opportunity to perform in the national team. We need strikers coming from I-League playing for the national team. I am not seeing ISL firing all coaches and giving Indian players a chance.

Stimac was not all negative, One of the good things was most of the deserving young players(excluding Siva/Irfan or deserving I-League top scorers) are already at the team now. Now we need a coach who will get the best out of all the selected players. This is where Stimac has struggled and it is mostly ISL's fault too. This will continue with any other coach as they are not magicians. 
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    Doesn't matter what AIFF thinks. In the last 2 years the outreach programs have been cut. The grassroot budgets are cut. I am no longer seeing any youth coaches boot camps it has greatly been cut. There is like budget cuts everywhere. Now the rumors are we can't even compensate the coach in case we fire him. Shows how bad of a state we are in. We should have never paid exorbitant money to get a coach to being with. 

I would take a good young upcoming strong coach and hire 4-5 great youth coaches from around the world. Then AIFF should come out and say we will struggle for the next few years but we will continue with this project. We need a long term program. When arrows was killed it seems like our youth development was killed with it. This shows how bad of a situation we are in. Ban foreign players in I-League and give deserving I-League players opportunity to perform in the national team. We need strikers coming from I-League playing for the national team. I am not seeing ISL firing all coaches and giving Indian players a chance.

Stimac was not all negative, One of the good things was most of the deserving young players(excluding Siva/Irfan or deserving I-League top scorers) are already at the team now. Now we need a coach who will get the best out of all the selected players. This is where Stimac has struggled and it is mostly ISL's fault too. This will continue with any other coach as they are not magicians. 
    Kalyan Chaubey has significantly cut grassroot budget in all his terms. Currently he reduced it from 1 crore to 22 lakhs. 

They are paying all corrupt state FA 20 lakhs per year and have also massively increased PR budget. 

People are stupid if they think he cares about football. 

He also took lots of trips to Bangalore on AIFF money
    giridharansouravindiagoalkeepar