FIFA World Cup 2026 USA/Canada/Mexico & AFC Asian Cup 2027 Saudi Arabia (Qualifications)

Comments

• RaghsRaghs Chennai654 Points
    Asian Games group A: India, China Bangladesh, Myanmar

Fifa WC preliminary draw group A: Qatar, India, Kuwait, WP1(Afghanistan vs Mongolia)

realistic expectations?
  • javierjavier Mumbai368 Points
    India in Group A along with Qatar, Kuwait and winner of Afghanistan v/s Mongolia
    deepu
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited July 2023
    Extremely tough draw for India. People might think we beat Kuwait in SAFF Cup but things are different playing away and in WCQ. My honest prediction is we finish 3rd unfortunately. 

The whole point of making it to pot 2 has proved to be useless as we got the toughest pot 3 team
    deepugoalkeeparindian_goonerRonnysudheermylankalPassisouravindiagopiajeeshreddevil87giridharanand 1 other.
  • javierjavier Mumbai368 Points
    edited July 2023
    Afghanistan is the strongest team  among the sides participating in the first round and they are set to qualify to the Indian group. 
    Ronnyashindiagiridharan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    *FIFA World Cup & Asian Cup Qualifiers*

*Group A*
    🇶🇦 Qatar
    🇮🇳 India
    🇰🇼 Kuwait
    🇦🇫 Afghanistan / 🇲🇳 Mongolia

*Group B*
    🇯🇵 Japan
    🇸🇾 Syria
    🇰🇵 North Korea
    🇲🇲 Myanmar / 🇲🇴 Macau

*Group C*
    🇰🇷 South Korea
    🇨🇳 China PR
    🇹🇭 Thailand
    🇸🇬 Singapore / 🇬🇺 Guam

*Group D*
    🇴🇲 Oman
    🇰🇬 Kyrgyzstan
    🇲🇾 Malaysia
    🇹🇼 Taiwan / 🇹🇱 Timor Leste

*Group E*
    🇮🇷 Iran
    🇺🇿 Uzbekistan
    🇹🇲 Turkmenistan
    🇭🇰 Hong Kong / 🇧🇹 Bhutan

*Group F*
    🇮🇶 Iraq
    🇻🇳 Vietnam
    🇵🇭 Philipines
    🇮🇩 Indonesia / 🇧🇳 Brunie

*Group G*
    🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia
    🇯🇴 Jordan
    🇹🇯 Tajikistan
    🇰🇭 Cambodia / 🇵🇰 Pakistan

*Group H*
    🇦🇪 UAE
    🇧🇭 Bahrain
    🇾🇪 Yemen / 🇱🇰 SriLanka
    🇳🇵 Nepal / 🇱🇦 Laos

*Group I*
    🇦🇺 Australia
    🇵🇸 Palestine
    🇱🇧 Leanon
    🇲🇻 Maldives / 🇧🇩 Bangladesh
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3417 Points
    ashindia said:
    Extremely tough draw for India. People might think we beat Kuwait in SAFF Cup but things are different playing away and in WCQ. My honest prediction is we finish 3rd unfortunately. 

The whole point of making it to pot 2 has proved to be useless as we got the toughest pot 3 team
    sadly I have to agree with this. Kuwait is not really a pot 3 team. Suppose Afghanistan is playoff winner, they are also very unpredictable. The only positive is we avoided the likes of Japan, Kora, Saudi, Australia, Iraq, Iran etc from Pot 1. Aiming for a draw against these teams is a still long way off. Qatar,UAE,Oman are still achievable.
    Sukungoalkeeparashindiasouravindiareddevil87kartik91
  • samsam 16430 Points
    Indian football fans can't just cry for ever. It is a WCQ, you are expected to play against tough opponents if you want to progress. The group India got, it is what it is. Let's try to get good results.
    goalkeeparindian_goonerRonnysudheermylankalPassisouravindiadeepak dedhaThe real AG
  • SukunSukun Mumbai364 Points
    Wanted this round to be easy so that 3rd round would have got us good exposure and direct entry to next Asian Cup.Seems like road is long!
    indian_goonersouravindiaashindiagiridharan
  • If India dreams of playing in the world cup then we have to defeat teams like Kuwait... I think we need to have confidence in our boys and should take inspiration from Vietnam and Syria from the last world cup qualifiers....we have a good set of players So I believe  India will definitely  make it to the 3rd round... Chill guys... 
    Btw good setting by Bahrain and UAE aisa lgta hai phle se hi fix tha unka itna easy group...
    goalkeeparindian_goonerashindiaSukun
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Let's be frank India will finish last in this group