ISL 2023-24: A Decade in Indian Football and Counting

Comments

• samsam 16444 Points
    Jorge was not available for this match
  • souravindiasouravindia 3615 Points
    Interesting fact getting exposed in isl. Yest  match between mfc and jfc showed how much Indian players lack when they are high pressed at back line. They came back in second half doing that with mire players upfront,  khalid is well aware of the deficiencies in Indian football. Goes to show why we faltered so badly in Asian cup. Reason why we felt absence of Anwar and Jeakson so bad, as they were able to come out of this chakraview. Others are simply still at Abhimanyu level
    Ronnyashindia
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Amazing game today 
    What a goal by Jay Gupta
    thebeautifulgamesouravindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29710 Points
    Yes, Manolo Marquez has now been known for bringing out the best in Indian youngsters like Akash Mishra, Asish Rai, Mohammad Yasir and Hitesh Sharma during his stint in HFC and he seems to be having the same effect on Jay Gupta in FC Goa!
    BrainFallINDIA
  • souravindiasouravindia 3615 Points
    Yes, Manolo Marquez has now been known for bringing out the best in Indian youngsters like Akash Mishra, Asish Rai, Mohammad Yasir and Hitesh Sharma during his stint in HFC and he seems to be having the same effect on Jay Gupta in FC Goa!
    Everyone goes gaga  over Manolo, but somehow I am a lot skeptical about him and I have my reasons. Inadvertently he changes positions of Indian players - example in goa team you have a lot of no 10s like yaser, random, nemil etc, but he will always convert them into wingers. Even Indian strikers play as wingers, at best withdrawal forwards though I have seen less. Similarly he hardly develops center backs, and focuses on side backs. Probably a no6 as an Indian. Thing is I
    He never trusts an Indian or gives responsibilities in important positions like center back, no 10, strikers etc. Those always go to a foreigner irrespective of how good he is. He might be developing players, but to me he is also ruining quite a few.
    debarghya89ashindiaindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    I doubt Manolo Marquez has done anything special. Jay Gupta has talent and he's showcasing it
    ashindiasouravindia
  • samsam 16444 Points

1 bad half by EB. Well deserved victory for NE. Fight for the 6th place on fire.
    ashindiasouravindia
    EB was completely outplayed in the first half, the entire defence looked to be in disarray. Although Juric and Nestor were the ones who scored the goals, huge shout-out to Jithin MS and Redeem Tlang who ran the entire EB defence ragged with their marauding runs and skills.
    East Bengal will be missing Cleiton in the next match against Mumbai City FC after picking up his fourth yellow card today; would be interesting to see how Cuadrat marshalls his resources that day.

Mumbai City would be missing Pereyra Diaz due to suspension.