I-League 2023-2024: New Teams, Renewed Ambitions

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Why is TRAU doing so badly this year? Any particular reason?
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    edited December 2023
    AIFF President reiterates commitment to protect integrity of the game

It has come to the knowledge of All India Football Federation (AIFF) that certain approaches have recently been made to AIFF-registered players in a bid to manipulate matches of the ongoing I-League competition.

AIFF has taken serious note of this matter and would like to reiterate its zero-tolerance policy towards any activity that impacts the integrity of its competitions or otherwise brings the game of football into disrepute. AIFF is committed to taking every step within its power to prevent corrupt practices from undermining the values of football.

AIFF President Mr. Kalyan Chaubey said: “We have received information of multiple approaches to our players. We will thoroughly examine the incidents, investigate, and take all necessary action.

"We are committed to protecting our players and our beautiful game and will not tolerate any attempts of this nature to put the players and the game at risk," he said.

"We will also continue to strengthen our institutional capacities to not only counter such threats but also educate our players and officials on how to recognise, respond to, and report incidents of this nature,” concluded Mr. Chaubey.

https://www.the-aiff.com/article/aiff-president-reiterates-commitment-to-protect-integrity-of-the-game

• RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    who is Gaurav Rawat?
    Shillong Lajong defeated Churchill Brothers 2-0, Rajasthan FC drew 2-2 with Inter Kashi

What's happening with Churchill Brothers, they have won only 2 games and lost 4??....I remember, of course, a few seasons back they were in a similar situation but turned their fortunes around in the second half of the league...do not remember exactly whether the turnaround that time was under a new coach

Shillong Lajong is performing very creditably, still the only team , apart from MSC, which is undefeated yet and occupying the third spot in the table
    Nagendragoalkeeparashindiaindian_gooner
    Mohammedan SC 1-1 Gokulam Kerala

MSC is showing remarkable consistency this season, having won 6 out of 8 games and losing none; Gokulam Kerala, on the other hand, have flattered to deceive, winning only 3 out of 8 games and currently occupying the sixth position in the table
    Some interesting results in the I-League today

Shillong Lajong, undefeated so far, suffered their first loss at the hands of Aizawl FC 0-3, Lalbiaknia scored one of the goals again. Aizawl thus leapfrog Shillong Lajong and Sreenidi Deccan to sit second on the table

In another match, TRAU FC, winless so far (7 losses and 1 draw) triumphed over Inter Kashi 3-0

The roller coaster part of the I-League seems to have begun :)
    Deb_Banindian_goonerashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3644 Points
    I hope he doesn't choose an ISL club next season. He should either stay with the team or leave to another league better than ILeague where he will get some minutes. I have not seen a good variety of goals and he still needs a lot of work to be a sure starter anywhere.
    Deb_BanEastBengalPridegoalkeeparindian_goonerashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    lol apart from ISL where else should he go? Nepal League or Bhutan League?
    haritrams24
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3644 Points
    lol apart from ISL where else should he go? Nepal League or Bhutan League?
    If you think those are the only other options then I have nothing to tell you. All I am saying is consistency matters. Look at Irfan at CFC now. Our young players should venture other leagues and the minutes and their role should be far more important than money.  I think these young players should play in better physical and technical leagues. It can be J3 or K2 or Australian regional leagues. They should prove themselves there and if they ever sign an ISL contract in the future. They should be sign them as a starter. If not they should look elsewhere.  Our options are only shrinking and every year the story is the same. A good I-league performer goes and rots bench in ISL and becomes an unknown in 2-3 years time. 
    ashindiaDeb_Ban