2023 AFC Asian Cup - India in Group B

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Indonesia through to the next round and we didn't even score a single goal .
    I don't know what to say . 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Apart from the obvious lack of a solid youth development foundation, the current set of players failed to raise their games. India should have moved beyond Chhetri, Gurpreet, Jhingan and Stimach the day achieved qualification.
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3675 Points
    Apart from the obvious lack of a solid youth development foundation, the current set of players failed to raise their games. India should have moved beyond Chhetri, Gurpreet, Jhingan and Stimach the day achieved qualification.
    It is easy to say they can move beyond Chhetri and I think Stimac would have. But who are the options we are talking about? Jhingan for all the wrath is still the best defender we have. Also, if you are thinking by giving youngsters opportunity on national setup and groom them. That will not work, Senior National team is not the place to groom players. AIFF could have done something like having more games from U-17 to U-23 level. This is where all that should happen. We disbanded arrows and the players are comfortable to stay here and rot in bench. Most of this batch had players from Arrows. We really cannot blame everything on the current crop. They have played to their best many at times. We just need a bigger pool. All ISL and I League clubs should take the blame along with AIFF.
    The real AGRonnyNagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    Australia 4-0 Indonesia : Full Time

Though Indonesia leaked 4 goals, they had an excellent 1st half. 
    It is easy to say they can move beyond Chhetri and I think Stimac would have. But who are the options we are talking about? Jhingan for all the wrath is still the best defender we have. Also, if you are thinking by giving youngsters opportunity on national setup and groom them. That will not work, Senior National team is not the place to groom players. AIFF could have done something like having more games from U-17 to U-23 level. This is where all that should happen. We disbanded arrows and the players are comfortable to stay here and rot in bench. Most of this batch had players from Arrows. We really cannot blame everything on the current crop. They have played to their best many at times. We just need a bigger pool. All ISL and I League clubs should take the blame along with AIFF.
    Thats super regressive thinking! There are never like for like replacements for iconic players. Would Argentina be able to replace a Messi or Portugal a Ronaldo? No, not probably in two generations. You cannot force clubs to play sub standard talentless Indian players, thats not how an eco system works. Even if they play, they wont get better. iLeague and ISL are at the top the pyramide and the problem is at the bottom. Only and only State FAs and AIFF is to blame here. 

About Jhingan, we do have players who can replace him, like for like so why not start looking at them now? We have Sana, Anwar, Nunga, Mehtab. 
    Tajikistan knocked-out UAE after penalty shoot-out.  It is an excellent game from both the teams. I really loved grit & determination shown by Tajikistan players. They have created hell lot of chances by applying pressure on UAE midfield. If not unnecessary foul conceded in 90+ minute, they would have won it in regulation time. Congratulations to Tajikistan. 

Tajikistan 1(5) - 1(3) UAE. 
    ashindiasouravindiaDeb_Banindian_gooner
    Jordan 3-2 Iraq

One more entertaining game. Iraq was leading 2-1 and Aymen Hussein red card (2nd yellow) after his goal celebration changed the course of the game. Jordan scored 2 goals in 90+ minutes and 3rd one by Jordan is an excellent goal. 
    Deb_Ban
    Qatar 2-1 Palestine. 

Palestine went all-attack, but couldn't be able to find 2nd goal. These knock-out games are very good including Aus vs Indonesia. 

Most of the teams are physically & technically stronger than us and good in hitting the target.

I agree, we are poor in Asian cup and missing key players (Anwar, Jeakson, Ashique & Sahal) definitely hampered us.
    Also, G.S.S is not up to the mark, Poojary very poor & also our forward/midfield players didn't help us much mainly Manvir.

But with the current set of players, we have reached our maximum level by defeating likes of Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Kuwait & draw against Iraq. As multiple folks pointed out that, changing the coach will not help us much and basics should be covered first. 

We are qualifying frequently to U-16/U-17 Asian Cup & next target should be reaching U-19 Asian cup, and this can be achieved only by proper youth leagues. 
    deepak dedhaDeb_Banashindiaindian_goonergopiajeeshsouravindiagiridharan
  • souravindiasouravindia 3599 Points
    Stimac needs to be more adventurous now in order to fo beyond a certain point. Unfortunately  he won't at this moment but really need the young guns now. I have a feeling more induction of future players will uplift our level definitely. Really like the super cup finals the pace at which it was played. Our next generation  is much better than current.
    If Indian football wants to move ahead, it has to look past Chhetri, GSS, Jhingan, Udanta, Amrinder and Stimach.