FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 in India

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

India's U-17 World Cup preparations off to a rocky start

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/11/20/3541213/indias-u-17-world-cup-preparation-off-to-a-rocky-start?source=breakingnews

• I dont see what the problem is. This was always expected to continue. Its not going to vanish straight away. In fact I think that this is great news for India's bid. FIFA will see how India is taking more action against over-age players. We are actually age testing these players and punishing the ones that play over-age. This is amazing news really. Before we would just allow this to happen freely. Hell I bet 50% of the players in the I-League U20 were overage (Ajay Singh was 21/22 when he played in the I-League U19 in 2011 if his birthdate is to be believed).

And also FIFA can now have more hope that India will field a true U17 side without overage players because we find out years in advance. Great work AIFF.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > I dont see what the problem is. This was always expected to continue. Its not going to vanish straight away. In fact I think that this is great news for India's bid. FIFA will see how India is taking more action against over-age players. We are actually age testing these players and punishing the ones that play over-age. This is amazing news really. Before we would just allow this to happen freely. Hell I bet 50% of the players in the I-League U20 were overage (Ajay Singh was 21/22 when he played in the I-League U19 in 2011 if his birthdate is to be believed).

And also FIFA can now have more hope that India will field a true U17 side without overage players because we find out years in advance. Great work AIFF.

Okay AIFF is doing its job fine but are the State Associations and the Districts under it doing their job properly ?? Are the right players being chosen ?

AIFF can only polish what State Associations give them.

• Ya and honestly I feel the AIFF need to start the process of suspending state federations. Blocking off their clubs for national tournaments etc. because why do they deserve to be in the national circuit when they cant do the simple job of selecting around 25 under-13 players.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Age testing is an expensive affair. At the moment, state associations cant afford it

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited November 2012

> nameWTHeld said:
    > Age testing is an expensive affair. At the moment, state associations cant afford it

They can atleast be little serious when they are selecting.I have been to selections at District and State level and I can tell you that the right players are seldom chosen.And there was one instance where one such guy from A.P.Sports school played for U-19 team even when he was 21 years old and reason was the coach of A.P team and AP. Sports school are one and the same.

• preetampreetam 870 Points

watever....but one thing is sure that india's prepatn..being hampered

• We were probably not confirmed to overhaul our infrastructure.

• RonnyRonny 10460 Points

I doubt if we will get this world cup