Subrata Pal

Comments

• akshay23akshay23 154 Points
    40 year old yorke 20 times better than Sunil chettri and Uncle Dika 
    VIkas Dorasoo still good enough to play in I league and dominate I league at least 20 goals these guys will score i they play in i league

Deb_Ban7negimunna219777goalkeeparashindiarudraMaddie
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Akshay23 These guys don't play in Europe anymore mate... they are not going to do that. They won't be rubbish but they won't dominate.
    Deb_Banmunna219777goalkeepar
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Subrata pal cant sign contract right now .as he have 2 years contract with IMG which will be finished after this ISL .. and in January he will be transfer permantely 
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    Can anyone confirm if this is really official account? https://www.facebook.com/subratapal.official?fref=nf I really doubt it. 

He says "Our keeper Thomas Mikkelsen was one of the best players in the league this year"

Yeah, must be why they're so low on the table.........
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    @weka check here --- http://www.newindianexpress.com/fifaworldcup/news/India’s-No-1-Picks-Ochoa/2014/07/04/article2311801.ece 

As Tim Howard produced save after save against Belgium early on Wednesday morning, it was merely a confirmation of what the likes of Guillermo Ochoa, Claudio Bravo and Keylor Navas had already hinted at. If there was ever such a thing as a goalkeeper’s World Cup, this was it!

Back home in Kolkata, India’s No 1 Subrata Paul has been watching proceedings with a smile on his face. “It’s wonderful to see my fellow glovemen doing so well. Only we know how hard our job is,” he says.

“Everyone has done well in this World Cup – Ochoa, Navas, Bravo, Howard, (Manuel) Nuer and Nigerian Vincent Enyeama. Only Russia’s Igor Akinfeev had a bad tournament, but he will bounce back. I have seen him a lot in Champions League matches and he is a very good goalkeeper.”

Despite a good portion of the World Cup yet to be played, Subrata already has picked his favourite for the Golden Glove award. “For me, Ochoa has been the best. The others have been good but he has just had a brilliant World Cup. I saw him first in 2010 when he was playing for this Mexican club called America. He did not get to play that World Cup, but he sure is one of the best in the world now.”

Subrata attributes this rather sudden increase in quality to increased exposure in Europe – something he himself has been the beneficiary of.

“If you look at the keepers shining in Brazil, a number of them are playing in leagues across Europe, if not in Spain or England, then in places like Denmark, Sweden and Bulgaria where the standard is much higher than in their native countries. This is something that I found out this year, when I was playing in Norway. Though I was played only reserve games, even that level was much higher than what we have here in India. During one of these games, I came up against Christian Bolanos, who is having a dream run with Costa Rica in this World Cup. So you can imagine the difference in quality.”

While a World Cup may be a dream too distant for Subrata, he has a lot to look forward to in the coming months. The 27-year-old custodian will line up in the Indian Super League, after which he hopes to get another opportunity to play in Denmark.

“My club Vikings FC wants me to stay as back-up but I am looking for regular playing time. Our keeper Thomas Mikkelsen was one of the best players in the league this year, so it is difficult to dislodge him. I have a few offers from the second tier of Danish football. While the quality of football may be a bit lower there, I will get regular football,” he says.

munna219777
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    So he has option available in danish 2nd tier itself...
    Thanks for the quote because you linked me to this:

Oops!
    Looks like you are looking for a page that doesn't exist or has been moved.

Please check the url to see if there are any mistakes or use the search box below to find the content you are looking for.

If you still have difficulty finding what you need, please click here to go to the homepage or here to contact us.

Thanks for visiting our site. Do return later.

Anyway, thanks for confirmation.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @akshay23 wrong thread mate. and probably wrong comment as well.
    Subrata just posted this photo on Facebook

Doesn't he have ISL commitments?
    munna219777