Upcoming Talents

Comments

• Abhik09 wrote:
    what about Uttam Rai ? I guess he is one for the future too....

He is not unknown though. This thread is for players who are young (u23 or more preferred u21) and who have done good (preferred in a state league) and who has not made media highlights NATIONALLY.

So for example...

A player who is 19 years old in the Kolkata Football League who has scored 2 goals is considered unknown.

But

A player who is 23 who is a regular in I-League and has made huge National news is not notable.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    No @arsenalfan this is UPCOMING TALENT thread and not UNKNOWN PLAYER thread
    So Uttam Rai is perfectly suitable to be discussed here :D
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @arsenalfan got confused...... :) take some time before posting :p
  • Yep I am an idiot sometimes. I was at the school computer and I was trying not to make it obvious I was on this website so by accident I thought this was the Unknown Talents thread.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Yep I am an idiot sometimes. I was at the school computer and I was trying not to make it obvious I was on this website so by accident I thought this was the Unknown Talents thread.

:-?
  • ashindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Yep I am an idiot sometimes. I was at the school computer and I was trying not to make it obvious I was on this website so by accident I thought this was the Unknown Talents thread.

:-?

Indeed :D
    <b>Interesting article on Alwyn George</b><div><font color="#330000"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">Whenever any young Indian striker bursts on the scene, the million-dollar question starts making the rounds – is he the answer to India’s woes?</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">It’s too premature to burden Pailan Arrows striker Geroge Alwyn with expectations but the Tata Football Academy cadet has already established himself as a force to reckon with in the few rounds of I-League that he has played for Pailan so far.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">An utility player who prefers to operate from deep, Alwyn’s biggest strength stays his ability to run with the ball and make space for others. And people have already started to take note of him.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">At a time when he had offers from other clubs too, Alwyn chose to join Pailan. His logic stayed simple: “I need to play regularly to establish myself.” And the journey began. In his very first match against current Dempo SC, he impressed all with his movements – both on and off the ball.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">Pailan’s goalkeeping coach Tanumoy Basu who stays all praise for this young lad, says: “Alwyn is a bright prospect. But he needs to be groomed well. He is someone on whom a coach can always rely upon in a tough condition. He is mentally very strong and technically sound.”</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">Alwyn hails from Nagpur. Having lost his dad at an early age, the burden of responsibility helped him mature faster than his contemporaries. The die-hard Barcelona fan first started playing at the age of 10 in local clubs. From there, he shifted to the TFA.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">“TFA played a very huge role in moulding me into a footballer. The Academy has had a huge influence on me,” he added.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">“In Pailan, I get to play almost everyday -- in fact, not only me, all the others. There’s a healthy competition amongst us. We all are of the same age. The understanding is excellent,” he went on. “But this is just the start. We need to carry on. To establish yourself and fulfill your dream, you need to consistently play well. Pailan is giving me the opportunity, I need to cash on it.”</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><strong style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">By Upender Singh,</strong><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><strong style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">AIFF Media Team</strong></font><br style="color: rgb(129, 130, 130); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "></div>
  • somesh wrote:
    <b>Interesting article on Alwyn George</b><div><font color="#330000"><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">Whenever any young Indian striker bursts on the scene, the million-dollar question starts making the rounds – is he the answer to India’s woes?</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">It’s too premature to burden Pailan Arrows striker Geroge Alwyn with expectations but the Tata Football Academy cadet has already established himself as a force to reckon with in the few rounds of I-League that he has played for Pailan so far.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">An utility player who prefers to operate from deep, Alwyn’s biggest strength stays his ability to run with the ball and make space for others. And people have already started to take note of him.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">At a time when he had offers from other clubs too, Alwyn chose to join Pailan. His logic stayed simple: “I need to play regularly to establish myself.” And the journey began. In his very first match against current Dempo SC, he impressed all with his movements – both on and off the ball.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">Pailan’s goalkeeping coach Tanumoy Basu who stays all praise for this young lad, says: “Alwyn is a bright prospect. But he needs to be groomed well. He is someone on whom a coach can always rely upon in a tough condition. He is mentally very strong and technically sound.”</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">Alwyn hails from Nagpur. Having lost his dad at an early age, the burden of responsibility helped him mature faster than his contemporaries. The die-hard Barcelona fan first started playing at the age of 10 in local clubs. From there, he shifted to the TFA.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">“TFA played a very huge role in moulding me into a footballer. The Academy has had a huge influence on me,” he added.</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">“In Pailan, I get to play almost everyday -- in fact, not only me, all the others. There’s a healthy competition amongst us. We all are of the same age. The understanding is excellent,” he went on. “But this is just the start. We need to carry on. To establish yourself and fulfill your dream, you need to consistently play well. Pailan is giving me the opportunity, I need to cash on it.”</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><strong style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">By Upender Singh,</strong><br style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "><strong style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; ">AIFF Media Team</strong></font><br style="color: rgb(129, 130, 130); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; "></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>It also says he was born in 1992. So he is 20 years old.</div>
    Well I avoided the first few lines. There it says-<div><br></div><div>Birth: 1992-1990</div><div><br></div><div>I m sure he did not take 2 years to come out of the womb </div> =))
  • somesh wrote:
    Well I avoided the first few lines. There it says-<div><br></div><div>Birth: 1992-1990</div><div><br></div><div>I m sure he did not take 2 years to come out of the womb </div> =))

<br><div><br></div><div>He was born in 1992 and then went back in time to 1990 and started his life from there. </div>
    jitug1979