I-League 2011-12 - General Discussion thread

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    @gaffertape  is from the AIFF  :-w :-?
  • If the AIFF go through franchises then I hope they are careful. Dont give them out so quickly. I can vouch for this. In MLS we though Miami and Tampa were good soccer cities, both of them had success in the past so how could they fail. Miami lasted 3 years. Tampa lasted 6 years. Both disbanded in 2001-02. It was not a good time for MLS and they decided to be very cautious with franchises.<br><br>Kerala is not a good place at the moment. Neither is Chennai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore. We should 100% look at them in the future but these cities are not financially viable for anyone. No proper stadiums (Chennai have a good one but to big that the crowd to seat ratio would be so bad and that money is loss on rent), talent pool is low, lack of proper state federations, sponsors willing to help them, investors willing to put money into the team and listen to the AIFF, a proven fan base. Once they have that then no.<br><br>Right now there is no city that is not in I-League that meets what I just said. Aizawl, Nagpur, Delhi, Punjab, and Nagaland are close but some major things are missing from all of them.<br>
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points
    @arsenalfan<;div>yes u r correct...franchises should come up where fan support is available atleast for the timebeing.</div>
  • <br>
    @arsenalfan<;div>yes u r correct...franchises should come up where fan support is available atleast for the timebeing.</div>

<br><br>Exactly plus the AIFF should help these places and try to draw at least one investor for this one city and also try to earn support of the city government.<br>
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Saying Chennai doesn't have talent is crap.If they can recruit their local players like Kali Aludeen,Sabeeth,Ravanan etc they can form a good team.Also they always do well in Santosh Trophy(I'm talking about earlier editions with I-League players).
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    Saying Chennai doesn't have talent is crap.If they can recruit their local players like Kali Aludeen,Sabeeth,Ravanan etc they can form a good team.Also they always do well in Santosh Trophy(I'm talking about earlier editions with I-League players).

<br><div>It is not about the talent in chennai but about local football following crowds in chennai...which is very less which is why i think they may wait for some time before getting a entry into i-league</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    <BR>
    <DIV>It is not about the talent in chennai but about local football following crowds in chennai...which is very less which is why i think they may wait for some time before getting a entry into i-league</DIV>
    <P>
    </P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>Come on talent is always there, its just that there is no opprtunity or incentive for this talent to play and be spotted....perhaps areas like chennai , hyderabad should get the intrest going by having 7 a side tournamnets. these would not be offical tournamnets but someting that might get the football culture going again..I wish hyderabad would regain its glory days !!<BR></P>
  • These cities should develop a small football culture before being in I-League.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    These cities should develop a small football culture before being in I-League.

<br><br>I guess the Andhra Pradesh Football Association mess is still not cleared up?..there was supposed to be a court hearing to settle this.. AP in the 1950's & 60's had very strong teams and a powerhouse to rival Bengal..pity that politics and apathy has killed the game there..So much potential in India <br><br>i wonder what strategy AIFF has to grow football interest in areas AP, Chennai  Delhi ..<br><br><br><br><br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    silicon3 wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    These cities should develop a small football culture before being in I-League.

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I guess the Andhra Pradesh Football Association mess is still not cleared up?..there was supposed to be a court hearing to settle this.. AP in the 1950's & 60's had very strong teams and a powerhouse to rival Bengal..pity that politics and apathy has killed the game there..So much potential in India </font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">i wonder what strategy AIFF has to grow football interest in areas AP, Chennai  Delhi ..</font><br><br><br><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Well first I think the AIFF should focus on the big markets already in Indian football. We have support in West Bengal, Goa, Maharashtra, and the North-East but we are not taking advantage of it. There are so many marketing opportunities that AIFF miss, specially in the NE. Focus on that area first and then expand to the 100% undeveloped football cities.</font></div>