Malvind Benning

ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
edited April 2012 in Indian Football Players
NAME: Malvind Benning

BIRTH PLACE / DATE: Sandwell, 2/11/1993

POSITION: Left-back

QUALITIES: Crossing, passing and positional play

INFLUENCES: Ashley Cole as he is a talented left-back both in an attacking and defensive sense

HOPES FOR THE SEASON: To do well for the youth team and push on in the reserves

FAVOURITE TEAM: Liverpool as most of my family follow them

THE FUTURE: I want to establish myself in the Walsall first-team

Height :- 184 cm

Club :- Walsall FC

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/YouthLeague/0,,10428~550880,00.html"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.saddlers.co.uk/page/YouthLea ... 80,00.html</a><!-- m -->" <div> Hold British passport but eligible to play for India if he gives-up that for an Indian.</div>

Comments

• Its possible. He looks to be a League 2 or League 1 player for the rest of his life and there is a 0% chance of him joining England so why not try India out. It wont effect his career in the lower tiers of English football and after yesterday I think he would provide us well.

Hope that maybe we could get him ready before the AFC U-22 Qualifiers. Need to get him now though.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Its not likely, he cannot give up British passport for Indian and then not being able to play in the english league due to the work permit rule...there are many players of indian origin i know from english leagues, conference and in euro who would like to play and many can hold their own in the starting 11 but the aiff will have to work with government to relax the rules...

turning down chopra was a huge mistake..how many strikers were there in asian cup up similar caliber to his? other than the australians, japanese, koreans and perhaps one or 2 iranians...some1 like chopra, netan sensara, aman verma, danny batth etc could transform the indian side...and thats just english origin guys im mentioning...

we have tried such thing pkn but not worked due to our local coaches being political and unfair on selection but india has more resources, better facilities and coaches to go a long way. just look at the rise of philippines, newzealand, australia...eq guinea had 21 non eq guinea born players in their cup of nations squad...and just 2 home grown players...

Malvind could be a good inclusion in U22s but then again there are few others too likes of Aaron Sekhon, Jasbir Singh etc...its all down to what AIFF want and what they are willing to do for it...
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    ^^^aiff cant do sh!t about it unfortunately. this is a supreme court of India ruling that person that does not hold an Indian passport cannot play for India. aiff did try to rope in chopra.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Instead AIFF can ponder about Suyoka or Odafe.
  • Can Odafe or Suyoka play? They doesn't have Indian passport and also they don't have Indian origin.
    its actually fifa rule for player having the passport of the nation but india has one passport rule..however aiff has the power to lobby, bring other federations on board who can benefit, Praful Patel is pretty powerful person and surely he can put forward legislation...it can be across the board to grant dual nationality or just in exceptional cases such as sport. Pkn has gone as far as granting overseas pakistanis right to vote now..surely it is time to move with times.

theyr tried for chopra but not hard enough..when Das said he's aint Messi is he!! now what does that statement tell u...

for foreigners it says gotta live for 12years in india to be granted citizenship...or if married to an indian citizen must spend 7years in india before applying..so quite tight rules..
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i like them to come and play in i-league like arata,etc,then we can see their talent
  • I thought the UK Work Permit rules only effected Premier League, Championship and League 1 (a little). And there are others who have played in England while representing lower tier national teams.

Gael Bigirimana on Coventry City was born in Burundi and Burundi is 143 in the World. Its possible.
    for that i think you need to bring in the extra player of indian origin slot...which got removed couple of seasons back...

but however there are some players in higher league than i-league therefore the idea for them to come into i-league and prove is bit absurd...ive experienced that myself with pff and its a joke to be honest..
  • for that i think you need to bring in the extra player of indian origin slot...which got removed couple of seasons back...

but however there are some players in higher league than i-league therefore the idea for them to come into i-league and prove is bit absurd...ive experienced that myself with pff and its a joke to be honest..

Not a bad idea. Like the A-League who have the Australian spot only for I-League it would be Indian origin. It would be good later but, like you said, the skill at I-League is at Conference in England so no chance yet.