Introduction Thread

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Yeah. It self destructs :)
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @namewtheld Don't worry man, I had a few messages with this guy and after talking to my advisor, a drunk chicken, I decided this guy was worthy enough for our society of mental patients.

@Naujawan Yes, I am also the guy on wikipedia.
    munna219777Deb_Ban7negiashindiaarchak
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    indeed this forum have mental patients with inside knowledge
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Inside knowledge and wisdom.
  • Naujawan ...welcome to IFN, best place to be up to date on Indian Football..
    munna219777namewtheldNaujawan
  • Hey Guys! Newbie! BengaluruFC supporter, was gutted to miss the entire last season due to on-site work! But kept up-to-date on the team's progress & the ultimate crowning as the champions of India! MyCity, MyClub! Born & raised in Bangalore,Determined with the resolve to stay put in Bangalore & support the club and Indian football every way I can hereon. 
    Hence I am here, and it's a privilege to be here! Gain,share,discuss,debate, have a blast! 
    Always been a supporter of football from school - intermittently, continuously & now fanatically!  
     A Die nationalmannschaft supporter, a Galatasaray hardcore fan ( not yet an UltrAslan) for Hakan Sukur & the passionate fans who are absolute nutters! Strongly believe in #NoPirloNoParty
    Derby days are the best - Galatasaray-Fenerbache, Lazio-Roma, Dortmund-Shalke, Red star-Partizan, Riverplate-Boca Juniors 

That is all for now as an intro, Eager & excited to meet people here! Cheers!

goalkeeparashindiaDeb_Bannamewtheldcoolgaganfootydip
  • ashindiaashindia 9320 Points
    Cool to have someone following Turkish football, sad that they havent been able to qualify for WC after 2002. Last I heard that there are couple of stadiums being built for Euro Cup, my favorite team is Bursaspor I love their crest, jersey and also their upcoming stadium which resembles a crocodile. 
    goalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    my favorite club from Turkish SuperLiga is Bursaspor the Green Crocodiles
    ashindia
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Welcome @ForzaBengaluru. Nothing excites IFN members more than a new serious member joining us. Well, India winning an international match would be more exciting, but that isso rare these days, we have almost forgotten.
    ForzaBengaluru
  • Thank You for the warm welcome!

@namewtheld Yes very rare after following the Palestine match where we came close. 

@ashindia @goalkeepar Yes Turkish football has been on a downward trend since the golden days of 1999 - 2004  When Galatasaray won the UEFA cup & Super Cup (1999/2000) and the national team finished 3rd in the 2002 worldcup. But the state of the Turkish Super Lig is really bad now, the quality of football aint that great as it used to be. Moreover there is this huge fight between the Turkish football association, a new ticketing system called Passolig & the fans. Fans across Turkish clubs like Galatasaray. Bestikas, Bursaspor, Sivasspor etc have imposed a self exile for all home games of their teams to protest the new Passolig ticket system. Hence most matches in SuperLig are played in near empty stadiums! Especially weird in venues like Turk Telecom Arena of Galatasaray which is know for fierce atmosphere during games & holds the world record for loudest fan cheers! 

Still the league does boast of some football stars - Cesar Prandelli the ex Italy coach manages Galatasaray with players like Felipe Melo, Goran Pandev ( frm Seria A), Goalkeeper Muslera ( Uruguayan GK) Wesley Sniejder, while his best pal/ national team mate Dirk Kuyt plays for arch-rivals Fenerbache! along with Raul Meireles ( Portugal/Liverpool) And if you wonder where is one of  Brazil's greatest players nowadays, the legend Roberto Carlos, he manages Sivasspor in the Turkish Super Lig!

Anyway, The week after this international break, is when one of the fiercest derbies in the world Kiltasri derbi or the intercontinetal derby between Galatasaray & Fenerbache takes place! 

ArsenalFan700ashindia