Introduction Thread

Comments

• arunarun kerala114 Points
    @ArsenalFan700
    Take it easy bro..was just reflecting on the lighter side. But my point is not entirely out of place.
    And to be honest your argument seems a little immature to me. To say that players like those came up and developed through ileague and hence must be given credit is rubbish to say the least.
    What you can say is players like them is not yet world class because of the pathetic condition of ileague. What im saying is the reason y our sunil chetris and brandon fernandes is not messis or cr7 is because of the ileague. Dude you have to realize that we are not talking abt a league that was started a couple of years back. Ours is one of the oldest leagues in the world and a team that is one of the oldest in world-mohan bagan. What has they made indian football now?

goalkeeparreddevil87Deb_BanatuljgDXAKB
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @arun I-League is not very old.The clubs are old but a professional pan-indian league was formulated much later.
    reddevil87Domnic
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @arun People in Kerala are football loving people whether it is ISL Kerala Blasters or F C Kochi or Kerala Santosh Trophy Team. You cannot pick and choose that this is good and this is bad. What will you do when Kerala Blasters close down?
    goalkeepararunreddevil87Deb_Banshibier
    edited August 2015
    @rudra ;
    Thanks for the info..yeah maybe not ileague as these clubs came to existence in 1860s...much before the concept of 'india' materialised.
    Also recently i came across an interesting info that it was the football match between mohun bagan and british team for relief of taxes on their land that was depicted in a different way in the movie Lagaan.
    Btw now watching u19 game. thanks for the link guys...hope india come back strong :)
    atuljg
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    that game was not for tax relief but a tournament where Indian teams also played. That is the famous 1911 win. 

Yes, club were old, but old doesn't translate to professionalism. professionalism was lacking till recently, and in many aspects are still pretty weak.
    reddevil87munna219777arunshakkeerKM
    @munna21977
    I hope SRT doesnt give up on kerala football :)
    And anyhow we are not having any ileague clubs
    munna219777
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    It was MB's victory in the 1911 IFA Shield(still running, though it has been morphed into an u19 competition) and not on taxation.
    munna219777
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    @Arun..me from thrussur(irinjalakuda).
    Kerala football need a strong and minimum 6 month long state league first...But one thing I can say is that ISL nd KBFC brought entire state back in to football .u can see lot of kids playing with KBFC 's yellow jersy now days..nd everybody talks abt it....but again we deserve much better than this pvp group nd srt

rudrareddevil87munna219777atuljgarunindian_gooner
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    @arun welcome to the forum
    All I want to say is that loving something doesn't necessarily mean hating the others. Most of us take keen interest on i-league, or for that matter even CFL/ GPL, and as far as I know we don't live in jail.
    Moreover, if these players haven't been developed by ileague clubs then where did the come from? Drop from the sky or have the isl franchises been running secret academies for the past 10 years?
    footydipsammunna219777DomnicDeb_Banreddevil87arungoalkeeparAKB
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited August 2015
    Wrong thread for such a discussion guys. Somebody should have taken the initiative to pop a comment here and shift the discussion to the relevant thread. Those interested in continuing this discussion may do so here.

http://forum.indianfootballnetwork.com/discussion/1637/i-league-vs-isl#latest