Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Didn't have any feast, hilsa or otherwise
    BTW, one swallow doesn't make a summer
    Now is the real test of Khalid...he will now understand the difference between coaching in Aizawl  or Mumbai and Kolkata
    Carbon_14
    East Bengal will pay the price for signing two rubbish strikers--Plaza and Charles...on the basis of today's performance, I found Charles as bad as Plaza...defence very bad...only positive Eduardo...I felt Eduardo was the best EB player on the ground today...very good on the aerial ball and good leadership qualities
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    One return leg is left guys. Hold your horses. 
    BrainFallINDIA
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    That combo doesn't look right in midfield when you take off Bajji. Brandon has a tendency to cut in from the flanks and there was hardly any attack from the left wing. Mehtab Singh is being wasted as a Right Full back.
    http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/i-league-2017-east-bengal-khalid-jamil-willis-plaza-mohun/ro632s4lxbmw139emp1umbg15

A handful of East Bengal fans who attended their club's training session at the Barasat Stadium in Kolkata did not hide their feelings towards coach Khalid Jamil and striker Willis Plaza as both of them were greeted with "Go Back" chants. Although the Red and Gold's officials are showing patience with their I League winning coach, they are not willing to put up with Jamils's blue eyed boy Plaza. 

The officials have contacted other alternative options, with former East Bengal player Ranti Martins topping their wishlist. According to reports, the Nigerian has clearly stated that he can join only after February as he must continue his stay in the United States to fulfill his 'Green Card' formalities. East Bengal though, cannot afford to wait until February. So, Darryl Duffy and Edeh Chidi are being considered as the alternatives, as reported in Sangbad Pratidin. 

Duffy is currently plying his trade with St. Mirren FC in the Scottish second tier. He is likely to join East Bengal as he has been a bench warmer in nine games out of 11 for his current side and came on as a substitute in the remaining two matches only in the dying minutes.

Jamil is all set to completely overhaul his starting XI against Shillong Lajong. Arnab Mondal will pair with Eduardo Ferreira at the heart of defense and Chullova will replace Mehtab Singh at right back. Left back Deepak Kumar will also make way for Salam Ranjan Singh who played as a centre-back against Aizwal FC. Katsumi Yusa is expected to operate from his favourite right wing position with Plaza and Charles D'Souza leading the attack.

Add to that that a Syrian striker is also in the mix courtesy Amna (source: Ei Samay) and you get a club which is in the news for all the wrong reasons. More than the coach, it is the officials who are to blame for the present mess...the likes of Jyotish Guha and Paltu Das must be turning in their graves

Carbon_14munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I would rather release Charles than Plaza. Plaza can be a second/off the bench striker.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    edited December 2017
    Plaza probably needs some psycho-therapy, not hard criticism. He is not that bad. He, at least, is positioning himself at the right space. A goal may be just a matter of time. EB management is only panicking, or, trying to show that they are trying; and bringing pressure on Khalid Jamil and the team in the process.

I have positive vibes for Duffy. He gives 100% on field. Any time better than Charles or Ranty (as of today). But of course, the evergreen Edeh Chidi is above all of them.

munna219777Carbon_14EastBengalPride
  • samsam 16430 Points
    edited December 2017
    Plaza positions himself well. But he doesn't give his 100% and this translates into his finishing results.
    munna219777
    Two guys who need to be released are Nitu Sarkar and Alvito! The sooner the better!
    EastBengalPridemunna219777Carbon_14