Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    EB are looking at another option as a replacement for Plaza...Yusif Yakubu
    Before you start to put your 'lols', hold your breath
    They are not thinking of signing him...they have reportedly contacted him and his agent and he has promised to send them a 28 year old 6 foot tall striker from Ghana as a possible replacement
    Incidentally, Plaza is 6 ft 2 in  :D :D
    In my (modest) opinion, even the 41 year old Yakubu would be a better option than Plaza...Plaza, in today's practice, reportedly could not even put the ball in an open net...no goalkeepers were there...surely Yakubu would not miss open nets B)
    goalkeeparCarbon_14munna219777deepak dedha
  • The "race to glory" is now between the duo of Kromah- Dicka & Plaza-Charles! :D :D 

Since Bagan won the other day, hence people are not vying for Kromah's blood - and all attention is on Plaza!

Kromah single highhandedly missed atleast 3 sitters the other day! Duffy was axed this year from the Bagan roster basis a single missed opportunity against Aizwal in the penultimate game last season; however,no one is highlighting abt Kromah's pathetic performance in front of the goal (and that too against EB), just b'cos Bagan won!

Public memory is short lived! 
    Carbon_14Deb_Bankarenesudhakar2050sparta
    Al Amna---what a player...plays like a lion at the heart of the team...from scoring goals to coming down to help the defence, the guy does everything...an asset to every team
    Very close to him today were Katsumi and Ralte...I mentioned here that Katsumi was a very good recruit from the day he was signed...many people disagreed with me...plays his heart out for the team...perhaps has slowed a bit with age but makes it up in experience
    Bazie had a very good game...he is doing the mopping up and distribution job very well...Lobo was decent
    Defence---better than last two games but can improve...Eduardo good and on the two occasions when he was beaten by pace, was well covered by Arnab...Khalid should stick with this combo rather than tampering it too much
    Mirshad---very bad...Luis Barreto also not very dependable...the goalkeeper position could hurt the team badly in tougher matches
    Forwards--Plaza---a big zero
    From what I have seen of Charles, not much better
    With Suhair injured and Joby Justin relatively inexperienced, problems aplenty...your midfielders will not bail out in every match...you need to have at least two quality forwards
    goalkeeparCarbon_14
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    You could have written more about Arnab. He played really well. Al Amna is just great. And I always have a soft corner for Katsumi. Personally I think him along with Garcia was great loss to MB.

It seems EB has risen over the Derby blues with this match.
    thebeautifulgame
    Agree with what you say about Katsumi and Garcia...agree with what you say about Arnab but didn't write anything more about him in case the commentator's curse fell on him and he started to flop after this match...he was very good till two years back when his performance began to taper off

"Willis Plaza, all time best striker on OLX...price Rs. 11"

This is how East Bengal supporters vented their frustration on the T&T striker and their club officials...Tushar Sengupta, a content writer and an EB supporter put up this ad on OLX...of course, it had to be removed after 15 minutes

Source: Aajkaal
    goalkeeparCarbon_14deepusparta
  • Katsumi was the most dedicated and an ideal team man till last year when he was with Bagan. He should have let the youngster take the spot kick and given him the chance to score a hat trick. Surprisingly he grabbed the ball and instead wanted his name on the score sheet - which is very unlikely of him. Not that it was a crucial penalty(EB was winning by 4-0 then)

Doesnt speak well abt the EB change room.
    deepak dedha