Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29716 Points
    Seems all the company are having their cake (and beverages) and eating (and drinking) it too! :D
    munna219777Deb_BanAshishKaulEastBengalPride
  • @munna219777 it doesn't really matters to me, whose comments are kept/deleted!

As long as someone takes a personal dig at me/anyone(sample listed below),i shall voice my opinion. As i said earlier, we are happy to be politically correct and we do not have the balls to call a spade a spade. Don't know whether some of us are/were really into sports,or happy to wear the judge's hat and keeps farting!

Below are the comments:

Are you the moral guardian or admin of IFN? Do not bother to lecture us on what IFN is about...I would certainly not want to hear it from someone who had already been banned from IFN once...You are welcome to your point of view but so, I believe, are all other members...who are you claiming as "we"?...
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    @thebeautifulgame Your comment has been removed.

C'mon guys lets move forward. 
    I dont want to be police here but my only purpose of deleting such comments is to stop degenerating the debate to personal, community or tit-for-tat response.
    You all are senior and knowledgeable members and we are better then this.
    Cheers !!
    Deb_Bansparta
    @munna 219777: I have no issues with my comments being removed...I can understand that as an Admin, you have to take certain decisions which might not please certain members but which are necessary in the long run

Having said that, I have certain things to say...this is certainly not a lecture or an advice but my personal opinion which might be wrong of course

I do believe that my comments were not personal, tit-for-tat or abusive towards anyone/any community...nether was it a "personal dig" towards anyone...it was a direct, open criticism of a particular member who was himself taking a dig at me...if I had said that he should not "lecture" people or mentioned that he had been "banned" from IFN once, it is because I sincerely believe that someone who has been banned from a forum/someone against whom action has been taken (this particular member has not only attacked me but has been abusive, even towards admins, in the past) loses the right to take the high moral ground to a certain extent...I myself would have lost that ground if action was taken against me in the past

This person has accused me of being "politically correct" but if I had been politically correct, I would have simply passed on or put a "dislike"...rather, I deliberately chose not to do so but by criticising him, tried to confront the matter openly and stimulate a healthy debate on certain issues that were being discussed here...I believe that moving forward does not mean playing safe and refraining from criticism/refusing to tackle some issues head on, because they do not benefit anyone in the long run...also, as I have repeatedly said before, "voicing one's opinion" or "calling a spade a spade" is one thing and resorting to abuse/taking snipes/being judgmental is another thing...even the last post of this member "Don't know whether some of us are/were really into sports,or happy to wear the judge's hat and keeps farting!" is extremely abusive and smacks of a holier-than-thou attitude...what has a member's being into sports got to do with one's opinions here? As members and admins have said in the past, this forum accommodates everyone, from people who are actively into sports to those who are simply followers of the game. Everyone is entitled to the same rules and should maintain the same decorum...

In the past too, I have never resorted to abusive language or been personal, rather I have often tried to maintain sanity and democracy here whenever certain things have threatened to go out of hand...but yes, I have never refrained form arguments or criticism because I believe that those are the backbones of democracy anywhere. I think (again this is not hectoring but simply my own point of view) that there should be some consistency in removing of comments... posts which have been far more abusive/rude or contained vulgarity have stood here...again, I might be wrong and I sincerely apologize if I may have hurt anyone unintentionally. Anything I have posted here has only been because of my passion for football and for the betterment of IFN. This forum has always been very close to my heart.

Cheers!!
    Samyajitsparta
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Fans of teams who can't win a match in a month have big mouths these days. That kind of shamelessness comes from fans one club only! 
    @EastBengalPride: Let's stop all these and move on.

The best way of answering these people is performing on the field.
  • Perform with the help of referee on ground and AIFF off it!

I league still remains to be elusive for one particular club! 

• SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Yeah... Some teams probably perform with AIFF's help... And some teams perform surely because of AIFF's help. ;)
    Soccerlover
    Some teams keep afloat in I-league or survive in Indian football with AIFF's help.

Wonder though whether that help would be enough in coming days... a lot more help would be needed from Aunty and ATK :D :D
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    National marriage coming up. ;)
    thebeautifulgameSoccerlover