Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29699 Points
    Are CFL bulbs are considered as trophy's?
    Deb_Banmunna219777Soccerloverkartik91
  • So from CFL bulbs to Cement! 

The transition has been significant.

The only question is after Robbie, who? ;)
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited October 2020
    East Bengal Ultras are coming up with a creative initiative to stand by the team... "Cholo East Bengal", the chant album. The first song of the album "Leslie Claudius Street" got released tonight. Give it a watch guys, genuinely a good one and wait for the rest.
    Then, Now and Forever
    JoyEastBengal❤️💛🤗

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30177 Points
    The transition of the "other club" has been even more significant!

From having a 131-year old legacy to becoming non-existent in the Indian football map

From playing one of Asia's most prestigious derbys to trolling their own "bitter half", i.e. ATK fans.

What a fall was there, my countrymen!! ;)
    edited October 2020
    @thebeautifulgame you don't need to get into this mud. There will always be haters and critics of an institution as big as East Bengal. Better ignore them and if any positive or developmental criticism comes up, then we all should appreciate and absorb that data. One thing we shouldn't forget, that We, the red n gold supporters are also ambassadors of our club. So if we misbehave, we drag our beloved club down to someone else's level along with our own. 

Now, forget it and let's discuss about the team for the season. I heard our indian boys are going to start training on pitch from tomorrow onwards. Do you wanna see any immediate change to the set up or any plans you personally have for the season? Share with us, the East Bengal enthusiasts....
    edited October 2020
    Ok guys, let's make this thread more productive.

As ISL is not very far away, let's start analyzing our team for the season. I have given some questions below, Come up with your choices and then we all can join in discussion afterwards

1. Please pick your starting xi for East Bengal
    2. Choose one surprising element of the team (can be coach or any player) and the reason for picking him
    3. Who's the player of our team to watch out for and why
    4. What's your expectation from new East Bengal management in future both near and distant?

Nagendra
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    I think it would be nice if we call ATK as Mohan Bagan..no point going by the new name when in reality they are MB.. It will also help dilute the ATK brand lol
    EastBengalPride
  • Wrong thread @Ronny. The(CFL)light turned cement company has only one agenda - how to make a thick gravy out of diluted dal called ATK! Suddenly they seem to be so so obsessed with ATK - not sure if they know what ATK stands for!
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    The squad is ATK's, the coaching staff is ATK's, the ISL slot is ATK's. The team is ATKmb. 
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    1. First XI:
    GK: Rafique (looks promising)
    CBs: Neville-Gurtej-Fox
    Midfield (from right to left): Samad-Irshad-Steinmann- Ambekar
    Forward (from right to left): Maghoma-Balwant-Pilkington
    (Basically I am picking a team similar to @souravindia ; except that I would like to see Samad and Abhishek in advanced roles and I would take Balwant over Jeje solely because he actually played last season.)
    2. Aaron Ammadi Holloway. Stats say he is terrible but the guy looks talented on pitch. May actually turn out to be the good CAM East Bengal is missing.
    3. Pilkington-Maghoma-Steinmann combo. All three are classy enough. If they click, EB can play brilliant attacking game.
    4. First expectation, sign a good CF (Quaner, Gestede, Stokes- plenty of names, no output till now.) As it is, EB are too underprepared to win ISL this season. Making it to the playoffs should be enough.

munna219777