Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Actually, if Pilkington is out (injured, I suppose, he is, otherwise, the finest signing), Aaron should play as the withdrawn guy and either Jeje or Balwant should be CF. Btw, I have a gut feeling that Aaron will be one of the biggest surprises of this season.
  • Arun67Arun67 Navi Mumbai252 Points
    One of the weakest Indian side,  this yr SCEB 'a performance mainly depends how Steinmann will control the game.  He is going to be play pivotal role in Fowler's strategy, u can substitute or manage Pilkington or Maghoma with Aaron, even any card issue u can still manage fox or Scott, but u can't hv any substitute for Matte,
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Anil Chawan, Pritam Singh, Novin Gurung, Milan Singh, CK Vineeth & Girik Khosla are listed in ISL website, means they are registered for ISL.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited November 2020
    All these players are in goa and serving their quarantine period.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    what was the need to attach sporting club in the name

SC East Bengal (Sporting club East Bengal)
    Owner - Shree Cement East Bengal Foundation

edited November 2020
    @munna219777 Good question. Let me give you an answer to this. 
    See, as I previously mentioned in this thread that most of the Kolkata maidan clubs' sporting affair is not confined solely to football. Take East Bengal's example over here, East Bengal Club will play cricket, athletics, hockey and all other sports under the umbrella of the newly formed company "Sree Cement East Bengal Foundation" and by using same team name that is Sporting Club East Bengal or SC East Bengal. So it makes a lot of sense to use the prefix "sporting club" rather than just "football club".
    Anyway, the funny part is come 20th November and the ISL season will kick off, all these SC or ATK controversy will get flushed down the gutter and only East Bengal or Mohun Bagan will thrive...trust me, I've been following Kolkata football very closely for ages to pass this remark with such confidence and I know that's exactly what is going to happen. Nobody will talk about ATK or Sree Cement thereafter, threre will be only red n gold and green n maroon athletes fighting for the pride and glory of their respective clubs. These two 100 years old giants of indian football are too bigger of a brand to be pushed away by any financial entity.

munna219777goalkeeparNagendragaffertapeDeb_Ban
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30180 Points
    So, even the "human encyclopedia" of IFN does not understand certain things!!

Gives us lesser mortals something to cheer about :p
    munna219777imsouravgoalkeepar
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    But the same logic of sporting diversity was not given in the time of Quess East Bengal or Kingfisher East Bengal.

plus both Sporting club East bengal and Shree Cement East Bengal are same in initials SC East Bengal. Thats why I asked. This creates a confusion.
    Ownership is registered as "Shree Cement East Bengal Foundation"

goalkeepar
    edited November 2020
    I can clarify that too. Incase of kingfisher or quess they formed a company with the club to participate in football related activity only. That's why you'll find football club or "FC" used as suffix to the team names. And the companies they formed during their era were
    Kingfisher East Bengal football club pvt ltd and quess East Bengal football club pvt ltd respectively. So, you can clearly understand from the company names, that those companies were formed to run the football department of East Bengal club.
    In sree cement's case that's not the same scenario. They have formed a company with the club to run all sports related activities of East Bengal club and that's why they've used "sporting club" or "SC". Now there will always be trolls and banters in today's day n age regarding this sporting club - sree cement controversy. You can't help it. And that's actually beneficial for the investor's brand, they are getting regular mentions in regional or national news papers and thus getting huge milage.
    But here I tried to give you a more logical response and I hope it'll satisfy all of your queries.
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777Deb_Banathi_bheekaran