Round 6

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Post match reactions:
    alan gow," referring is a big problem here in india, and i can't see it improving in next couple of years. They are allowing foreign imports in every department of football, then they should also import foreign refs in league matches"

uga okpara,"i don't want to say anything. Everything is infront of you. Ask the ref"

nabi,"after my transfer from that camp, this win was very vital"

sidhartha mallya," i have been fortunate enough to watch some great football matches around the world including world cup finals, uefa champions league finals. But i have never seen something like this in a football match ever. The passion and atmosphere was electric."

i feel gow is correct, why cant we import some quality referee so that we dont need to face the poor refereeing....which is at times spoiling the interest of games.....
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9956 Points
    Bagan officials claimed, previously they used to get 7-8 lakhs from IFA after this match. But after organising it themselves they have earned well over 2 crores from only gate collections.

I think this is the most important take away from this match, apart from Siddharth Malya’s comment about the atmosphere inside the stadium.

2 crores from a single match … I’d never foreseen this much. The way I see it, arranging matches by the clubs themselves will do wonders towards finances of the clubs, and it has potential to alter the basic financing pattern of the clubs. Needless to say, this moolah will exert more pressure to the clubs to get professionalized, than any diktat of AFC/ AIFF.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Bagan officials claimed, previously they used to get 7-8 lakhs from IFA after this match. But after organising it themselves they have earned well over 2 crores from only gate collections.

I think this is the most important take away from this match, apart from Siddharth Malya’s comment about the atmosphere inside the stadium.

2 crores from a single match … I’d never foreseen this much. The way I see it, arranging matches by the clubs themselves will do wonders towards finances of the clubs, and it has potential to alter the basic financing pattern of the clubs. Needless to say, this moolah will exert more pressure to the clubs to get professionalized, than any diktat of AFC/ AIFF.

Actually ticket prices are very low,If India were a developed country then M.B/E.B could be earning around 10-20 crores in each Derby match.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

sorry guys a bit maths here-
    the crowd atmost was around 1 lac....with say average ticket could be 100-150...
    on this basis maximum gate collection could be 1.5 crores minus ground rents.....
    so all i want to say is given current rate of tickets...2 crores is not a possiblity may it was somewhere between 1-1.25 cr....
    but that too is still a huge amount to cherish....i just wonder had all these fans bought the original merchandise of mb or eb...today these clubs might have been among the richest clubs in asia not only on basis of history but also on the basis of money....
  • Will the club not get a % from ads on hoardings ?
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    there are some hoarding spaces allotted for each home team which they can auction off
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points

That is an exorbitant amount and not possible from gate sale.the ticket price was 50 for all the gates around 80k people.All VIP are 70 and Dignitaries are 150.It should be around 60 lakhs at maximum.Still that is a ten fold increase in gate sales.I think all kolkata clubs should grab this opportunity to increase their revenues.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    The actual amount is Rs 35 lakh
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    HAL Vs Air India - Review

HAL 2 - 4 Air India

Exciting Start

The match started with Air India trying to dominate and showing there attacking intentions. But within 5 mins HAL scored from first attack. HAL caught AI on counter, from the right wing, Vinoth Kumar crossed the ball into the far end (left) where Malem (coming from left wing) was lightening quick to head the ball into the goal.

HAL slowly gaining the upperhand

Air India continued to push, with HAL not attacking much. And eventually Manandeep scored. For Air India, Collin Abranches was playing well. After that AI played little cautiously but still tried attacking more. however, slowly HAL recovered and started their raids in AI goal. They were mostly using wings, vinoth and malem. the midfield was exploiting well the high defence line set by Air India. Defensively AI were sloppy, allowing too many through balls and freedom to HAL attackers. But when you have talented guys like Hamza and Aleksandar, what can you expect??? In fact Alexander was playing better than I imagined, he was trying to pass and many times he gave good through balls also.

There was a fantastic cross from left wing right at the feet of hamza inside the box with only the goalie in front of him, instead of trying to tap the ball in, he tried to control it and of course the ball was in goalie, Pawan kumar's hand at the next moment. There were other oppurtunities like Hamza had one - on one with the goalie outside the box, he chipped the ball and it went past the left post. Aleksandar also had a few chances, but all missed. Essentially, HAL had gained the upper hand in the last 20 mins of the first half.
    Eventually, HAL took the lead. And to my surprise through a nice combo between Hamza and Aleksandar. Hamza got the ball from the right end of the box, dribbled and then gave a pin pointed pass to Aleksandar, who only had to beat the goalie, and to everyone's surprise he did that!!!! I thought Aleksandar cudnt believe that he can score, he ran across to the HAL camp, took off his jersey and kept on running, the crowd was enjoying, they anyway laugh at him! Aleksandar earned a yellow card for taking off his jersey, worth it I wud say, we wont be seeing much scoring from him.

the 2nd half started with an attacking AI team, but HAL was defending resolutely, there were not too many risky moments. The fans were happy, Air India frustrated. Then came the moment of madness.

contd...next post