The Mecca of Indian Football- Goa or Kolkata

shankarshankar 2600 Points
edited April 2012 in Fight Club
there had been a long history of kolkatta being considered the mecca of indian football....
but the poor interest shown by the kolkatta people for this match has brought a bit concern for them holding the title....the reason many says in the derby...if that so do they give importance only to the derby and not to our national team????
goa- a city which has been completely dominating the club football in recent years are the leading place to probably replace them....
Delhi- a city which dont have any club playing in club competetion but when a national team match is there the people make sure that the home advantage is maintained....
Nort-east- the place from where indian best talent comes and rules the soccer and the place which loves watching football whatever team may be playing in whatever may be the tournament....

there are many places like kerala, bangalore, mumbai pune which has a bit of good football history ...if you guys feel any of other city that could be the place which is real football capital....be there for us discuss baout your favourite tooo....

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Excellent poll. my vote goes to the North East
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i just read an article from some delhi lad who's article is to be an open letter to all bong fans.......
    http://indianfootyfan.tumblr.com/post/12938027555/open-letter-to-a-bong-footy-fan
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    omg...I stopped posting in fb and this comes here too...i just can't run away from this topic...wherever I go this comes up!!! I wonder where is the 'all knowing guy' from facebook will pop up to give us crash course on how to improve Indian and Kolkata (yeah that's the spelling) football and how 'fake' fans of Kolkata has ruined Indian football
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    omg...I stopped posting in fb and this comes here too...i just can't run away from this topic...wherever I go this comes up!!! I wonder where is the 'all knowing guy' from facebook will pop up to give us crash course on how to improve Indian and Kolkata (yeah that's the spelling) football and how 'fake' fans of Kolkata has ruined Indian football
    probably this had been the trending topic among all indian football fans....and thanks to the match against malaysia that delhiwala's are making their best effoert to fill up stadium and to show that how passionate are they about indian soccer.....which means our national team would get some good home support even in big JLN stadium.....
  • omg...I stopped posting in fb and this comes here too...i just can't run away from this topic...wherever I go this comes up!!! I wonder where is the 'all knowing guy' from facebook will pop up to give us crash course on how to improve Indian and Kolkata (yeah that's the spelling) football and how 'fake' fans of Kolkata has ruined Indian football

I know what you mean man. Every time I say something on the Indian Team page someone in two seconds tries to contradict me. Also its always a shit answer.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    probably this had been the trending topic among all indian football fans....and thanks to the match against malaysia that delhiwala's are making their best effoert to fill up stadium and to show that how passionate are they about indian soccer.....which means our national team would get some good home support even in big JLN stadium.....

we are probably talking about different things here, and yes its better that way
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    What is Mecca? Mecca is certainly not the home of largest number of Muslims but it is the destination of largest number of muslim pilgrims throughout the world. With this logic Kolkata is still the Mecca of Indian Football; Goa being the second. N-E today provides maximum number of players in top Indian teams but unless their clubs come out in prominence it is difficult to give them the honour. However it will be a good thing for Indian football if work is done in that direction.
  • So who is keen to open up this discussion again
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Now that another Goa club has won the I-League title once again, probably its time to restart this debate.