Unknown Players

Comments

• > kshitij USFC said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > URGENT: I was doing some wikipedia work on ONGC (making up history :p ) and when I was making the squad I came up to Kamal Thapa. My thought was "Okay, must be some North-East Indian or a Nepali" but when I went to my only source (Goal.com) it said Aruba. Yes, Aruba. Is this true... I dont think so. 

Can someone clarify, again another reason why I hate teams that dont communicate properly.

>
    >
    > what is Aruba? his sirname?

A country in North America. An amazing one if I say so myself.
  • Arsenalkid700 said:
    > kshitij USFC said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > URGENT: I was doing some wikipedia work on ONGC (making up history :p ) and when I was making the squad I came up to Kamal Thapa. My thought was "Okay, must be some North-East Indian or a Nepali" but when I went to my only source (Goal.com) it said Aruba. Yes, Aruba. Is this true... I dont think so. 

Can someone clarify, again another reason why I hate teams that dont communicate properly.

>
    >
    > what is Aruba? his sirname?

A country in North America. An amazing one if I say so myself.

ask ONGC on FB. lol

• Wow. Cheers mate. From looking at his Facebook it seems that he is actually Nepali (I suspected that).

Reminds me of when I edited the Mohammedan page and almost every player were from creepy countries.

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So I came upon this player while doing some work on American 2nd Division players:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://canadasoccer.com/?t=roster&pid=1595</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">18 years old and he currently plays in the 2nd Division here in the United States. He has appeared in 4 games so far (all off the bench) so he is more of a "prospect" for now. At 18-years he has plenty of time. He was even once looked at by Vancouver of MLS.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway, what is so special about him... his birthplace. He was born in New Delhi, India (to Afghan parents). However, I would not exactly call him an exciting youth prospect for India yet. He has been in Canada since he was 1 years old and <b>he has</b> played for Canada at youth level so I think it is safe to say that he has given up his Indian citizenship. Shame. I doubt he will make it with the Canada seniors.</font></div>
  • ynwa94ynwa94 61 Points
    Hi all, 

I am new to this forum and am hoping to get some information from some of you on here who have some knowledge on the aiff or how to get into clubs in India.  I have a talented young Canadian boy who is a Sikh who's family comes from India and is interested in playing in an Asian league and has expressed his interest in playing in his family's native India.  He has experience playing and training with many clubs in Europe and has played at very high levels in Canada including being apart of the national youth pool.  

I am hoping that some of you may be able to help pass on some helpful information or get in touch with me for more information and so I can possibly start giving out his CV to someone who might be of some good help.

Please if you do have information reply here with your contact info or by all means please do message me.

Thanks

AR