944013539.pngVS919310793.png
LIVE TELECAST on TEN ACTION
VENUE: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
cwg3-300x225.jpg

Full Match video -

Highlights Video -

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Is true that SAFF matches wont be taken into ranking points?
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Why? Off-course it will be taken. It will involve more points than friendlies
  • I expect I win here. Bhutan just lost to Sri Lanka who based on India's last few matches India is on par with Sri Lanka so we should have no excuses.

Also I am hoping Savio learned his lesson. After I saw the match again (via youtube) I came to the conclusion that Lalrindika should be the one starting with Climax being a good 70-80 minute substitute (Note: I am not saying that Climax deserves to be here but he is on the squad so might as well use him). Also try a Gouramangi Singh and Govin Singh partnership. That has to be better than the Singh and Gawli back pairing. Also keep Nabi and Nirmal on the wingback. In midfield try Lalrindika and Rocus Lamare (who was our best midfielder out there today) and also add Steven Dias with Jewel Raja. Get some youth out there with an experienced midfielder in Dias. And then the attack will see Chhetri and Lalpekhlua who in my opinion were not ready for the Afghanistan match. They only came in a day earlier in which they traveled over 1000 miles, then they had to get used to conditions from Scotland to New Delhi. Then they needed to play with a team they had no time to practice with (In Scotland they played with guys 100 times better then the players on the India team so that probably had an effect on Sunil and Jeje.

Overall then I would like to see this line-up: (4-4-2)
    Karanjit Singh
    Samir Naik, Gouramangi Singh, Govin Singh, Syed Nabi
    Lalrindika Ralte, Rocus Lamare, Jewel Raja, Steven Dias
    Jeje Lalpekhlua, Sunil Chhetri

If this works then I expect to see India win 3-0 against Bhutan. Hey maybe they could win 4-0 or 5-0 or maybe even 6-0. We should dominate them. There only threat is Chencho who from this past Federation Cup with Royal Wahingdoh we know is a good player.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    savio will be satsfied even if we are able to hold bhutan(not vice versa)..with us having such a negative approaching coach we cant expect a 3-0 or better win against whatever may be the opponent....it is sad that our earlier coaches bo who lead us to victories in saff cup and afc challenge cup and then armando colaco who lead us to victory against qatar and a draw against uae....and our current coach is happy with a draw against afghanistan....
    who know he might be planning a victory of 1-2 goal margin only
  • agree mostly with your line-up....I think Nabi is on of our most creative players at the moment so I would put him on the wing instead of Dias....and replace gawli with nirmal chhetri. Its a waste keeping nabi on defense even though he can do well there.

Dias is slow, out of shape and pretty much can do little except whip in decent crosses sometimes. He has little speed or dribbling ability. Lalrindika can take freekicks and cross balls equally well.
    Overall then I would like to see this line-up: (4-4-2)
    Karanjit Singh
    Samir Naik, Gouramangi Singh, Govin Singh, Syed Nabi
    Lalrindika Ralte, Rocus Lamare, Jewel Raja, Steven Dias
    Jeje Lalpekhlua, Sunil Chhetri

If this works then I expect to see India win 3-0 against Bhutan. Hey maybe they could win 4-0 or 5-0 or maybe even 6-0. We should dominate them. There only threat is Chencho who from this past Federation Cup with Royal Wahingdoh we know is a good player.
  • tejiteji 142 Points
    -after watching the first half on youtube Indian NT didn't play that badly and made some chances, second half was bad ..they looked tired
    -it was good to see nabi/samir playing up the field at everychance they got just like Colaco's playing style.
    -Climax and samir are not energetic and aggressive enough.. Accurate passing ratio for climax and steven is 50/50..
    -steven can't dribble past opponents..
    -climax/ steven make stupid fouls in attempts to get the ball back from an opponent..
    worse of all now Medeira is scared to make any changes so if india makes it through bhutan he will continue with the same Starting 11

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/SAFF-Championship-Time-for-India-to-show-some-mettle/articleshow/10985904.cms"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 985904.cms</a><!-- m -->

On the team front, Samir Naik, who had a forgettable outing against Afghanistan, was cooling his heels with an injured ankle. East Bengal's Nirmal Chhetri is likely to replace him.

The opening encounter has exposed so many chinks in India's armour that Medeira might have been tempted to go for a complete overhaul. "But I can't go on experimenting in every game. As it is, we had hardly any time to prepare and suddenly changes in formation won't really help us. I have confidence in the boys. They will come good tomorrow," said the coach as Indian football's technical director, Robert Baan, watched from a distance.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    India Line-up

Karanjit Singh(GK); Syed Rahim Nabi, Mahesh Gawli, Gouramangi Singh, Nirmal Chettri; Clifford Miranda, Climax Lawrence (C), Rocus Lamare, Anthony Periera; Sunil Chhetri, Jeje Lalpekhlua.
    So the effect of AIFF diktat reflecting straightaway on the line-up today. Good to see Nirmal getting start. Wished Dika did start too
    Afghan 1-1 India
    Afghan 3-1 Sri Lanka
    Sri lanka 3-0 Bhutan

Although it doesnt work in football that way, we should expect at least 5-0 demolition of bhutan to convince ourselves for anything