Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    The bigger clubs do have co-sponsors (very less, but considering nil marketing of the league, I think it's OK).

The concept of sharing the TV revenue, although the norm worldwide, is unheard in India. This is a prime reason of Indian clubs -- real as well as cloud-based -- being in the red.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Let's do a break down. The Goan clubs, who are there sponsors? How many of these guys are sponsored by big corporates? Dempo almost had Shah Rukh Khan but nothing came from it. The Kolkata clubs? Well, United struggled to find corporates. Mohun Bagan and East Bengal managed to do it but they have a history behind them and a massive, massive fanbase that beats 10,000 out of the water... but it can still be a lot, lot better.

Shillong Lajong? They had sponsors like Aircel and Adidas but how much did that bag them? They still reportedly failed to pay players on many occasions, suffered from relegation, and still struggle to this day despite their massive crowds. Pune FC, Bengaluru FC, Mumbai? The sponsors on their kits are their owners? JSW, Peninsula, TEN HD? All part of their owners! How much do they make from kit manufacturers? Not much I bet. BFC do get sponsors but you can see they get crowds, and paying ones at that.

TV revenue is huge but lets not ignore other sources of revenue.
    munna219777
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Brilliant points all around! If only some of you informed lot could have been part of the workforce to take indian football forward.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    All this reality check begs the question, are any serious questions going to be asked to Praful patel and his cronies?...Perhaps only @gaffertape can answer this..... Or 0-3 is a scoreline we can live with.?...we must remember in the past 1 month we have failed to win 2 SAFF level championships as well (age group but still counts)......

I can only suggest that we need a stronger TD to help design a proper domestic structure and someone with authority who can stand up to IMG.... 

2ndly like cricket, we should start handing out central contracts to the top 50 u21 players and make sure they play in more competitive leagues (2nd/3rd div in europe/s a america/even japan but regular footbal
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I think you are correct in that we need a stronger TD... but one to stand against IMG? Well, that won't happen. Pretty sure anyone hired for the TD position will be approved by IMG-Reliance beforehand. The TD would not dare stand against them... at least not in public.

The TD brought in though should be able to work with IMG-Reliance and try to convince them about a brighter path for Indian football.

That is why I will keep going on about Juan Manuel Lillo. Who knows if he would have been the right man or not but he was brought in my IMG and obvious they had an understanding somewhere and they themselves trusted him.
    deepakcDeb_Banmunna219777
  • Baichung Bhutia is Chairman of Technical, Coaching and Developmental Committee.  Thats the closest position to TD I think.

https://www.the-aiff.com/sub-committee.htm

rudraDeb_Ban
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    The best TD we can have!

Also a club owner, president or former president of players association, associated with a player's agency, advisor of an ISL club. Anyone aware of a thing called 'conflict of interest'.
    munna219777The real AGsamDeb_Bankarenesudhakar2050deepakcfoxreddevil87
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Plus he can dance!! How many TD's can actually dance? I love that guy
    Deb_Banrudragoalkeeparfoxkartik91reddevil87
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    I think present technical director is Scott odonell. Bhutia is technical committee head =))
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Heard we are going to host U20 world cup too....shouldn't fifa start monitoring our domestic football scene before handing out millions to the jokers for organizing events...or is it just going to IMG kitty