Who would you like India to play in the future?

1141516171820»

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29621 Points
    ‘Viking’ is a catch-all term for the people who came from Scandinavia, what is now Norway, Denmark and Sweden, between the eighth and 11th centuries, more properly known as the Norse, or Norsemen. 
    https://www.historytoday.com/kate-wiles/who-are-vikings

However, the Viking Clap is usually associated with Iceland and is said to originate there, though there have been claims that it originated in other places like Scotland
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/08/revealed-the-origin-of-icelands-viking-thunderclap-celebration/
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/13/iceland-motherwell-lens-where-did-the-thunderclap-originate
    munna219777goalkeeparindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2018
    India has played against Iceland at JLN Stadium, Cochin on 13/01/2001. Iceland won the match 3-0. It was a part of Millenium Super Soccer Cup later renamed as Sahara Cup. Vijayan, Ancheri, Khalid Jamil, Renedy must have been in that squad but I think Baichung Bhutia was injured for that tournament.

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesm/millsupsoc2001.html

indian_goonerBrainFallINDIAspartashakkeerKMCarbon_14samDXmohammed_87hassanshibierashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @thebeautifulgame ;  Just like "Mexican wave" which always existed in North America Sports Arena like NHL or Major League Baseball. But 1986 World Cup in Mexico was the first time a massive Global TV Audience watched Sporting event being held in North America and it started to be known as "Mexican wave" although Americans, Canadians used to do it way before in 1970s and early 1980s.

I am sure Viking Clap was done before but the performance and enthusiasm of Iceland National Football team in that Euro Cup has made their stamp forever on Viking Claps.. 
    thebeautifulgameNagendraCarbon_14indian_goonershibier
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Viking Clap is a pretty old concept. You are right !!
    munna219777
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3409 Points
    So, after a positive interest in Indian NT on a continuous period in which we have got into top 100, and upto the rumours of World Champions Argentina wants to play against India, lets look good opponents at this time as per July 2023 rankings

Benin  (FIFA ranking 94) - very unheard country in footballing reasons. So this team will be good to be matched against. can be beatable.

Armenia (FIFA ranking 90) & Luxembourg (FIFA ranking 89) - UEFA nations. We hear these teams when they play against top UEFA teams in WC or UEFA qualifiers and end up in last position in group stage - can be beatable.

Haiti (FIFA ranking 87) - North American nation - Actually a good team in CONCACAF region. Do well in those regions in qualifiers atleast. expecting a draw at the most. 

Bolivia (FIFA ranking 83) - South American nation - now this one I'm not expecting an upset. But it can be a learning experience of playing in high altitudes where the likes of Brazil/Argentina lose their games.

Nagendra
  • I don't know about these teams its good if india will play them but I want india to play teams like Jordan,UAE,Bahrain,Oman,Syria,vietnam,China....
    First we have to become strong in Asia then on world football map.

Nagendraashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6470 Points
    edited July 2023
    First priority should be 2023 Asian Cup Schedule & upcoming friendlies should be helpful while playing against Australia , Uzbekistan & Syria. But I don't think we will have time until Jan 24 for any new friendlies. 

If possible, we need to New Zealand/Croatia B/Austria B teams (these teams play more or less like Australia, even physicality matches) and Kazakhstan/Tajikistan/Turkmenistan/Russia B (these teams play more or less like Uzbekistan, even physicality matches) during Dec 23/Jan 24.

As we are participating in Kings & Merdeka Cup, we are going to face Thailand/Iraq/Lebanon, Malaysia/Palestine and no need to play additional teams from West Asian/Asean region prior to Asian cup and our preparation is more than enough to face Syria.
    indian_gooner
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3409 Points
    Croatia B/Austria B teams/Russia B 

I'm not favour in playing against B teams of top nations . It will not be count in rankings. If they want to play it should be the official A team having some lesser known players who are on fringe level.
    eg: suppose when we consider England team which play against lower ranked nations having players who will anyways be overllooked when major matches come like Patrick Bamford, James Ward-Prowse, Mason Greenwood, Fikayo Tomori, Ben White, Sam Johnstone, etc. Here they play as England team. So ranking and caps will count. 
    deepak dedha
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    We should play Vietnam. We lost to them 3-0 in September and it will be a good indicator now if we have made any improvements.
  • UAE also lost to them 5-0 and now will beat them
    5-0 😂
    ashindia