I League Round 21

1235»

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    btw...how much we abuse Air India, they are absolutely crucial for giving Indian footballers chance...Manandeep, Sandesh, Prakash, Colin, Sandeep Sangha etc

Sandesh is a Pune FC find. Sandeep is from JCT if I remember and Manandeep is from Pailan Arrows.

Air India got lucky, they dont pay there players and they have a good hardworking staff. Plus do to the lack of money they have to play these youngsters.

Trust me, put the Air India management on any other club and you will see the same thing. NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT AIR INDIA!

Sandesh was an ordinary player in Pune FC same with Sandeep who was with relegated ONGC last season.
  • ashindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    btw...how much we abuse Air India, they are absolutely crucial for giving Indian footballers chance...Manandeep, Sandesh, Prakash, Colin, Sandeep Sangha etc

Sandesh is a Pune FC find. Sandeep is from JCT if I remember and Manandeep is from Pailan Arrows.

Air India got lucky, they dont pay there players and they have a good hardworking staff. Plus do to the lack of money they have to play these youngsters.

Trust me, put the Air India management on any other club and you will see the same thing. NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT AIR INDIA!

Sandesh was an ordinary player in Pune FC same with Sandeep who was with relegated ONGC last season.

I in a way said that. The management has done a good job but it has nothing to do with the club being Air India. It is all the management who stuck it through barely getting a salary.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    When someone is praising Air India, they are praising the sports related management only....

Air India has given chance to many years over the years, thanks to great bimal ghosh...even after bimal ghosh Air India maintaining the tradition with Santosh Kashyap.... the no. of famous players who played in Air India initially is quite high... something not seen in HAL, ONGC etc
  • rudra wrote:
    When someone is praising Air India, they are praising the sports related management only....

Air India has given chance to many years over the years, thanks to great bimal ghosh...even after bimal ghosh Air India maintaining the tradition with Santosh Kashyap.... the no. of famous players who played in Air India initially is quite high... something not seen in HAL, ONGC etc

True. I mean if you look at the table on wikipedia which shows the top INDIAN scorers you would see the top 2 being from Air India. Manandeep Singh and Sandesh Gadkari.

Of course though from my days being a Chamakh fan I dont want to over think the two players as it may be a 1 season fling.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    wait a min...many month back I was doing an article on Air India, which never saw light of the day....I found so many players who started from AI...lemme copy their names
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote:
    wait a min...many month back I was doing an article on Air India, which never saw light of the day....I found so many players who started from AI...lemme copy their names

Arun Malhotra, Tomba Singh, Monitombi Singh, Jeevan Mores, Nausad Moosa, Khalid Siddiki, Khalid Jamil, Bungo Singh, Khethang Paite, Anthony Fernandes, Raju Singh, Ravinder Singh, Sanju Pradhan, Nirmal Chettri, Uttam Singh

Not to mention the players this season...actually teams like Air India, JCT bring these players to top flight football and then big clubs sign these players

• An article I did on Ai last year:

Air India Football club started their journey in 1952. In last two decades they have turned into one of the best institutional sides in Indian football. Air India filled up the void in Mumbai football after Mafatlal and Tata SC teams were disbanded in 1980s. Under the tutelage of Bimal Ghosh, the Airmen have become a regular fixture in top division of Indian football. Their 6th place finish in 1997/98 season remains the best showing by an institutional team in NFL/I-League. Interestingly, Air India has developed a reputation for youth development in the last 10 years. They have brought up players like Paresh Shivalkar, Bungo Singh, Rajesh Mitai and Tomba Singh, who went on to play well for bigger clubs. Khalid Jamil was once dubbed as the “best player in India” by Subrata Bhattacharya, while Godfrey Perriera was easily the best play-maker in Indian football in mid-90s.

They can also boast of commendable success in some all India tournaments. They have won Sikkim Governor’s Gold Cup twice in 1996 and 2006, Nadkarni Cup (traditional season opener in Mumbai) in 2006, 2007 and numerous Mumbai League titles. In 2008, they created history by winning the EK Nayanar Gold Cup by defeating three foreign club teams – Ferroviaria FC (Brazil), Bayelsa FC (Nigeria) and Buenos Aires De Futbal (Argentina). Interestingly Bayelsa won Nigerian League and reached semi-finals of African Confederations Cup the next season. Other than Mohun Bagan (1911 IFA Shield) and East Bengal (ASEAN Cup), no other Indian club has defeated so many foreign teams to win a tournament.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2011/institutional-sides-in-indian-football-the-story-of-ongc-fc-air-india-fc-and-hal-sc/

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    then we should use these articles to improve AI wikipedia page
  • usaindia wrote:
    then we should use these articles to improve AI wikipedia page

On my "To-Do-List"

Also if anyone does this themselves please place the source. (<ref>[source]</ref>)