Other Sports

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Argentina 1-0 India  Last 6 minutes remaining
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Why have Argentina got to show their prowess in hockey? They have not managed to win the WC for 30 years and here they are to spoil India's party. :p
    deepu
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited December 2017
    Argentina has a formidable Women's Hockey team. The stadium used to be packed with spectators for their Women's Team. Luciana Aymar "La Maga" was my favorite player. So many tournaments they won in Women's. Mens team has managed I think 1 Olympics Gold and 1 bronze in Champions Trophy.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    how are we forgetting this Argentina team is as good as world no 1..they just won the Olympics
    munna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points
    India didn't deserve a spot in the final, honestly speaking
    munna219777deepu
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    We played well in the last quarter but the conditions affected our natural attribute i.e Speed.Are free flowing counter attacks were hindered because of the water logging.

Still,a decent Tournament for us Considering so many youngsters and so many players coming after injury.

This purpose of this Tournament was whether our Youngsters can match against the best teams of the world and our Youngsters showed that they are certainly competitive against the best Teams.

So,in my opinion the objective of the Tournament has been achieved.
    shibierRonny
    I agree..we were not outplayed in any game I would say..on par with Australia, Belgium and Argentina.. this is not something we could even dream of 5 years back
    samBad
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    India beat Germany and clinched 3rd place. Well done India !!! Score 2-1
    thebeautifulgameCarbon_14Ronnymunna219777atuljgsouravindiakartik91BrainFallINDIAdeepu
    Thats an impressive result.
    @Bad need your review 
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Bro,Thats not that impressive as it sounds.I am happy that we won and the younger boys got the taste of the Tougher Teams and atmosphere but purely speaking in terms of match,the margin of victory should have been much more.

Before i share my observation/opinion about the match"I WILL GIVE ALL THE CREDIT TO GERMAN TEAM,THEY DESERVED IT MORE THAN US".THEY HAD JUST 11 PLAYERS LEFT FIT IN THEIR SQUAD AS rest of their players got injured.This meant that they could not make even a single substitution throughout the course of this match and in their match against Australia.

What"s interesting is that out of the 11 players which were fit for them one of them was their second Goalkeeper,so the second Goalkeeper was playing as a forward for them and whats worse is that he scored for them against us today.Really,very poor defence by us.

I am quite honestly very proud of the Way Germans Played.Really,Great Effort by them.

On the other hand,Some of the players for us are just not good enough at this level.They maybe okay against the Asian Teams but not against The World"s Best as in this case.

Before the coach comes to know about his best 16 players,one thing he must do is that he should is analyse that who all will not be making the cut.

In my Humble opinion,only Rupinder,Akashdeep,Dipsan,Chinglensana and both the Goalkeepers Akash and Suraj can say that they had a decent/consistent Tournament.

Apart from them,Some were very bad and some had a decent game or two.

If i am supposed to select/pick my team of 16 players for 2018 World Cup,

The Guys,who i"ll certainly rule out from the World Cup Squad based on this Tournament will be:

1)Varun
    2)Amit Rohidas
    3)Uthappa
    4)Sumit
    5)Mandeep

For rest of the players,i"ll still evaluate in future Tournaments but these 5 should be out of the reckoning in my opinion.
    munna219777shibierRonnyCarbon_14deepuashindia