Other Sports

Comments

• shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Oh ..so that was the reason we could defeat them . For a while I was on cloud nine bcz of this victory. 
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited December 2017
    shibier,

Bro,Its not as if we can"t Defeat Germany.In the past also,we have have defeated them when they were playing with their full team.All i said was,considering the status of the German Team(Depleted Team),its not any other"s team fault if they have an injured player(S), the scoreline should have been much better than a 2-1.Ideally 2-0,3-0.

In this Tournament itself,we drew with both Belgium and Australia in the regulation time(and we had the better of the match) and both these teams were full strength ,no injuries nothing.These two teams are those teams against whom we have failed to manage decent Results in the past.

So,what i trying to say is that we should have won yesterday"s match more comfortably than we did.

Regarding the Tournament Result,Considering the team we had,i was personally happy with a Semi-Final Berth but Winning a medal is a step Further,so i am happy withe Tournament Outcome.

munna219777deepu
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    @ Bad ... I read in some newspapers that few german players are sick and couldn't able play last match ... is the news wrong??
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra,The news is correct.Some of them were not present even against Australia in the Semi-finals.

I have mentioned the details in my previous post.
    Nagendra
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Afghanistan will become the fourth side to play their first Test against India 
    Apr May 2018

munna219777NagendraCarbon_14kartik91
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Image may contain 2 people people smiling

all the captains are getting married
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited December 2017
    In any tournament, injuries or fitness issues are part and parcel of it. It is not India fault that many German players were injured/ill. In any Olympics or World Cup, many teams suffer injuries/health concern by the time last matches take place. Even India rested key players like Ramandeep Singh.
    Our only penalty corner expert Sandeep Singh got injured before 2006 world cup and later on India did not even qualify for olympics. We didnt blame anybone else, go ahead with the game.
    This issue is of failure of team doctors, fitness, dietician of German Hockey association. Next time select the team with improved fitness and management.
    India defeated Germany and this is a proud result for us.
    NagendraCarbon_14BadRonnykartik91
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    I am happy because some other team “ won hearts” for a change!
    munna219777thebeautifulgame
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/badminton/bwf-world-superseries-finals-pv-sindhu-wins-opener-kidambi-srikanth-loses/articleshow/62057043.cms

Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu made a positive start to her campaign in women's singles but Kidambi Srikanth suffered a straight game loss on the opening day of the $1 million Dubai Super Series Finals, here on Wednesday.

The 22-year-old Sindhu, who had a 4-5 head-to-head record against World No. 9 He Bingjiao, dished out a gritty performance to overcome the left-handed Chinese 21-11, 16-21, 21-18 in a Group A match that lasted an hour and four minutes.

World No. 4 Srikanth, however, couldn't bring out his top game as he suffered a 13-21, 17-21 loss to World No. 1 and defending champion Viktor Axelsen in a Group B men's singles match that lasted just 38 minutes.
    Carbon_14
  • samsam 16428 Points
    inaugural four-day Test between South Africa and Zimbabwe in Port Elizabeth

4 Day Test

Six and a half hours each day ✅
    Minimum 98 overs per day ✅
    150 as the follow-on mark  ✅
    munna219777Carbon_14