Other Sports

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Vidarbha new state?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Cricket teams in Ranji Trophy are based on Associations-not states. Maharashtra has three Cricket Assciations and thus three teams in Ranji Trophy   Mumbai, Maharashtra and Vidarbha.
    Gujarat got 3    Saurashtra, Baroda and Gujarat.
    BCCI was formed with member Associations in 1920s. In those days, geographical boundaries were different. States were not formed on linguistic basis like today.

Bollywood Film Distribution Territories are also based on old boundaries- not present day states.
    thebeautifulgamegoalkeepar
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/other-sports/pr-sreejesh-makes-comeback-as-hockey-india-names-33-member-squad-for-2018/story-JGuxmJn4WyALgWtuVqQxQK.html

Core Group:
    Goalkeepers: Akash Anil Chikte, Suraj Karkera, PR Sreejesh, Krishan B Pathak. 

Defenders: Harmanpreet Singh, Amit Rohidas, Dipsan Tirkey, Varun Kumar, Rupinderpal Singh, Birendra Lakra, Surender Kumar, Gurinder Singh, Nilam Sanjeep Xess, Sardar Singh.

Midfielders: Manpreet Singh, Chinglensana Singh, SK Uthappa, Sumit, Kothajit Singh, Satbir Singh, Nilakanta Sharma, Simranjeet Singh, Harjeet Singh. 

Forwards: SV Sunil, Akashdeep Singh, Mandeep Singh, Lalit Upadhyay, Gurjant Singh, Ramandeep Singh, Armaan Qureshi, Affan Yousuf, Talwinder Singh, Sumit Kumar.
    munna219777Carbon_14
    Sardar Singh as Defender ???
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Sardara singh had been playing as defender for last few tournaments if i am not wrong
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Pro Wrestling League Season 3 is going on.

The one Indian Wrestler other than Vinesh who has really caught my eye and really impressed me is 19 yr Old Sangita Phogat(Phogat Family).

In the two bout/Matches that I have seen her wrestle in,She has Defeated the 2017 World Championship Gold Medalist by a scoreline of 7-4 which is extremely impressive which was yesterday.

In her Second Bout,She was up against Rio Olympics Gold Medal winner Helen Maralouis(Helen won the Gold At Rio Olympics without conceeding even a single point to any of her Opponents and not only that she won every round i.e Pre Quarters, Quarters, Semi-finals,Finals with a Technical Superiority which means she had a margin of atleast 10 points) which in other words Helen won every match atleast by a scoreline of 10-0 which is Epic and Beyond Belief.

Against Helen,Sangita was leading 6-4 but Unluckily Sangeeta Slipped and Helen was able to secure a Fall Victory.Had it not been for the Slip,Sangita seemed to be the better Wrestler and was deservingly leading.

MY POINT IS THAT,I FEEL THAT THIS GIRL IS A SPECIAL TALENT AS SHE DEFEATED THE CURRENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GOLD MEDALIST AND WAS THE BETTER WRESTLER AGAINST OLYMPICS GOLD MEDALIST (Who won all her matches without conceeding a single point against her)

So,my observation and understanding says that we might have unearthed another Jewel in Wrestling by the name SANGITA PHOGAT.

Another thing is that she fights in 55kg category,Vinesh 50kg,Sakshi 60-62 kg.So,there will be no clash of Wrestler's category unlike Sushil and Narsingh.

I still feel Vinesh and now Sangita have the game to win Medals at World Events and Olympics unlike Sakhshi.
    Nagendrakarenesudhakar2050Carbon_14munna219777BrainFallINDIAkartik91sparta
    edited January 2018
    Six Phogat Sisters

Geeta
    Babita
    Priyanka
    Ritu
    Vinesh
    Sangita

One has to see the weight categories as it maybe different for Commonwealth, Asian, Olympic. Geeta and Babita are almost retired now from any serious competitive wrestling-more active on Twitter, TV.   Priyanka, Ritu and Sangita are the next-gen now. Vinesh is still the best hope for Asian Games and Olympic medal.
    Carbon_14Nagendrasparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/hockey/top-stories/india-outclass-japan-6-0-in-four-nations-opener/articleshow/62535808.cms

India began the Four Nations Hockey Invitational Tournament in emphatic fashion by hammering Japan in the opening contest. Early goals from Rupinder Singh and debutant Vivek Sagar Prasad, who netted two, ensured that India never lost momentum and dished out a royal hammering to their Japanese counterpart. Dilpreet Singh and Harmanpreet Singh were the other scorers.

India's performance was so clinical from the opening whistle that Japan were not allowed even a single chance, although they did get better in the second half. The first goal arrived in the seventh minute, when drag flicker Rupinder Pal Singh successfully converted a penalty stroke. Prasad, in his first match for India, then scored five minutes later and doubled his tally after another 15 to hand India a 3-0 advantage at the half-time.

Soon after play resumed, it was Dilpreet's turn, another debutant, to get among the goals. That marked a hat-trick of debut goals for India. A third debutant came on to the pitch when PR Sreejesh made way for Krishan B Pathak. Japan were just beginning to move freely after a counter attack led to India gaining another penalty corner. And this time, Harmanpreet slotted it promptly to make it 4-0.

Japan's only chance came two minutes after conceding that goal when a thunderous strike was taken at their goal. But Pathak went down low to his left and pulled off an impressive save. The third quarter got worse for Japan, as Dilpreet scored his second, and India's sixth of the match, also the third of that quarter. India seemed to have no plans of slowing down in the final 15 minutes of the match but a spell of rain seemed to have sparked Japan as they attacked more aggressively. However, they just couldn't get one past Pathak and India capped off a rather dominant win.
    deepuRonnyCarbon_14