Other Sports

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2018
    @ deepu Ludhiana, Punjab

Swimming is improving by leaps and bounce just like Athletics. Even in the Asian games 2018, even though we didn't"t win a medal but there were at least 10 events where we finished in the top 8 which impressive.

Virdhawal was our best swimmer. He finished fourth and missed the bronze by 0.01 seconds but overall performance in Swimming was impressive in my opinion.
    deepu
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    @ shibier

He broke national record in National Open Athletics Championship and not in international meet....

Kazakhstan internal meet is previous national record 8.19 m set by Ankit Sharma...
    shibierspartamunna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2018
    @shibier

8.20 Is a very impressive jump for an u-20 Athlete. This jump is the longest jump by any u-20 athlete in the World. In other Words, this is the longest jump in the world by any Athlete who is under 20 years of Age, Which is Historic, to say the least. Before this jump the best in the world this year was a jump of 8.12 by a Cuban Athlete. Now it is Sreeshankar.H e is very talented. He was in u-20 World Athletics Championships in which Hima Das won the Gold. He finished 5th or 6th there but this is a very impressive improvement by him.

He is quite young and this jump 8.20 is really impressive for someone so young. Really, it puts him in top 6-8 in the World. Next thing for him should be to improve from here and then be consistent. Similar to Neeraj Chopra.

As of now, really amazing achievement by the 19-year-old.

kartik91shibierashindiamunna219777Carbon_14
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    @Bad Thanks for the info brother. I read somewhere that  in practice trials he has covered a distance of 8.28 around 3 months back . Hope he will maintain the consistency  of this 8 plus jumps in future as well.
    munna219777
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    offtopic but reminds me I jumped 6.87 when I was 19 lol
    shibierashindiaspartanamewtheld
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Thats a good distance Ronny , I used to struggle to pass 4 meters when I was in school. Still remember my happiness when I set my personal  record of 4.15 in 10th std annual meet.
    edited September 2018
    All the athletes who are doing good are U 20 or less than 25 years... We are improving heaps and bounds in athletics... If not Olympics, we can expect them to win medals in common wealth games.
    deepu
  • His mother used to be an Athlete in 800 meters. Bijimol.I remember two athletes from kerala-Beenamol and Bijimol.
    shibierCarbon_14sparta
    ;Bad

Sreeshankar's 8.20 m jump is World U 20 leading and the world U 20 record is 8.35 m set by Russian athlete.. 
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra;Yes, his jump is best in the world this year. I know this fact Brother.

I had mentioned that Before this jump the best in the world this year was a jump of 8.12 by a Cuban Athlete. Now it is Sreeshankar.
    Nagendra