Other Sports

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Group matches are fine but we underperform in knockout games.
    @Bad ; How was Penalty Corner routine so far in these two games ?
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Penalty Corners were/are fine but we are playing abysmal Hockey.

Today's match was a pain to watch as well. I have not seen and Indian Team play a worse match against any team in at least 10 years.

This Midfield of Vivek Sagar,Hardik,Nilakanta, Sumit is the worst that can ever be. It pains my eyes to watch them. I don't know who selects these players.

Today, we played like school boys.

Our Selectors don't allow our own Team to settle.Every Tournament their is a new team. I don't know what are they up to.

Now,they have selected Gursahibjit Singh as a forward.I don't know in which Tournament he has performed and left out Dilpreet and Sumit Kumar.

Birendra Lakra ,Amit Rohidas and Gurinder have to go as well.

This is the shittiest squad and our performance justifies our Selection.

Beating Poland 3-1 highlights the stupid selection of the selectors.

The irony is that we might still win the Tournament with this Team as quality of other teams is so bad but at least 8-10 players out of this team need to be changed if we are to select a team on Pure Merit.

munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Another Dismal Performance.

It pains my eyes to watch our current team play Hockey.
    munna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Why are we disappointed ? Scoreline is 10-0
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Bro,I am disappointed because the scoreline should have been 20-0.

The level of trapping , passing , approach,decision making have been Horrendous in all the 3 matches so far in my opinion. Selection has got a lot to do with the way we are playing. Many players are missing and many are making a comeback.

We played like this in around 2007-2008.

I was hoping that India would be a Medal Contender at the 2020 Olympics but if this team(as it is) plays then I can assure you that We Won't Qualify got the Olympics.

Our Selection Committee doesn't allow our Team to settle.

shibiermunna219777reddevil87haritrams24
    League matches are inconsequential. Lets see how they will handle pressure of knock-out games.
    India  will face the winner of POland - Japan in semifinals. It is mandatory for India to win that game otherwise India will not qualify for Olympics.
    After that, Finals and then 2 game knock-out with an opponent decided later on. So from now on, India will need to win every game.
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    Italy hockey team hv raised their standards , they hv beaten likes of malaysia and china , that is what a consistent league can do to ur national team , i would like to tell , italy are 37 ranked team before hockey series began  and they hv beaten china(14th ranked ) and malaysia (13th ranked) by 2-1 and 4-2 repect. They will posses far greater to threat to any team in top 10 rank as now they want their position in top ranks also
    munna219777
    India will play against Japan on 14th June 5:00 PM in Semi-Finals.
    Must-win game
    Carbon_14deepugiridharan
    India defeated Japan 7-2 in semi-finals .
    In Final, India will play against South Africa tomorrow at 7:15 PM

Both Finalists have qualified for next stage of FIH Olympic Qualifiers.

In today's game, Ramandeep Singh scored two Goals and was declared "Hero of the Match". It was an improved performance by India.
    thebeautifulgameCarbon_14giridharan