Other Sports

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Nothing less than a 5-0 win will make me happy. I am really disappointed with the way India has played so far
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    The best match of the Tournament for us. The positive thing was that our Intensity was very high throughout the match .It didn't drop even after we conceeded .

Our Forwards specially Akashdeep and Ramandeep were phenomenal.

Ramandeep is a big match/ game player.His performances in the big matches and against strong teams have been generally very good.Therefore,I have always maintained that he should always be in the team.

Our Midfield and Defence still concerns me specially against the better teams.

We should be able to beat South Africa easily but lot of works/changes in the team are needed to be a medal contender.
    munna219777Ronny
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited June 2019
    India beats South Africa 5-1 to win the tournament.

Great to see our Penalty Corner Battery finally clicking. Presence of Ramandeep Singh has really made an impact as he is an excellent Pusher of the Ball during Penalty Corners. Mandeep Singh looked a bit out of sorts to me as he failed to tap in any goal in both SF and Final. Nice to see Sreejesh getting some rest and his Deputy performing well.

Our Team is playing in  Australian mould with Long Passes and Deflections . We might see some more changes in Team Roster for coming tournaments.
    All the best to Team India for Qualification Draw.
    Nagendrakartik91spartaCarbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    https://thewire.in/sport/india-pakistan-visas-sports-olympics

The Indian government has provided a written undertaking to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) that visas will be granted to athletes and sports persons from all countries including Pakistan“without any prejudice to our principled positions and policies on other political matters”.

In return, IOC has agreed to lift sanctions on India on hosting many International events.

Government of India had put a Ban on visas for Pakistani Sports persons in the wake of Pulwama attacks. In retaliation, IOC put a ban on India and many events had to be shifted somewhere else. IOC was insisting on a written guarantee from Government of India which was possible only after General Elections.

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6469 Points
    India won against Bangladesh in 8th round match and qualified for 2019 Cricket World Cup Semi-final
  • samsam 16428 Points
    B'desh has been knocked out of yet another ICC tourney by India. This trend is going on since 2015. 
    NZ/Pak/Eng/SL are in contention for other two SF spots now. 
    SL not in contention... even if England lost against NZ , Pak lose against BAN and SL win against us... they both end-up at 10 points and number of wins comes into picture... two games abandoned for SL and Eng will qualify 
    NZ has high chances to qualify... even if they lose against ENG and Pak won last game... they both will have 11 points and net run rate comes into picture 
  • samsam 16428 Points
    NRR comes into picture, not the number of wins
    ;sam... It is not same for all .. Plz check WC rules :)

Even in football, EPL and La Liga has different criteria for league standings.
    munna219777