Other Sports

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Great news coming in,

Satwiksairaj Reddy and Chirag Shetty have won Thailand Open(Super500).They beat current World No.2 and No.6 enroute to the Finals.

They had already created history by reaching the finals of this Tournament,now they have managed to win it so it's like an icing on the cake.
    PassiRonnyCarbon_14munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I had pointed out around 2 years back that these guys had huge potential and finally they have started to fulfil their potential.

They have the potential to be the best in the World but their game still needs refining specially Chirag Shetty. His smashes are good but not as lethal as Satwik's.He needs to work on that for sure.

With this win they will be hovering around around the top 10 ten so that's a great sign.

With Olympics 1 year away these guys might be an outside medal contenders but with both of them being 18 and 22 years old I personally feel they will be a Gold Medal Contender at 2024 Olympics.

Let's see how it all transpires.

Passimunna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    Latest BWF ranking : Satwiksairaj Reddy and Chirag Shetty moved into top 10..  Ranked 9th and I guess this is first ever top 10 ranking for Men's doubles in badminton.

This season they lost so many close matches..  Their ranking will improve if they can win 2nd & 3rd round matches in World Championship..
    deepuPassi
  • samsam 16428 Points
    #Squash: Indian girls finished on a creditable note, upsetting USA to secure the 5th place in the World junior women's team championship

India bt USA 2-1 (Sanya Vats lost to Marina Stefanoni 3-11, 12-10, 2-11, 4-11; Aishwarya Khubchandani bt Olivia Robinson 11-6, 5-11, 11-7, 11-4; Yoshna Singh bt Caroline Spahr 11-6, 11-7, 12-10)
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Davis Cup Tie may be shifted to a neutral venue. Both India & Pakistan are shy of saying anything and they are letting International Tennis Federation to decide.
    If India refuse to go, there will be Ban plus serious penalty against india.
    If pakistan refuse to allow India, there will be ban on Pakistan and financial penalty.
    Plus they will forfeit the tie.

I guess they might just move it to Dubai.

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    I will Translate "After Tokyo Olympics, Bajrang Punia and Sangeeta Phogat will get married"
    India spikes Pakistan out of Asian U-23 Volleyball Championship to reach maiden final
    India won the match 21-25, 25-16, 25-22, 25-18 to set up a summit clash against Chinese Taipei on Sunday.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/other-india-spikes-pakistan-out-of-asian-u-23-volleyball-championship-to-reach-maiden-final-541604

seems like this batch is good.. 
    ashindia
    edited August 2019
    Rahkeem Cornwall makes it to West Indies Test squad. He is 6.6 and 140+ kg... He is bound to be in start XI and I guess he will be the stoutish player ever in international cricket.. I don't remember previous player names.. there is a player from Australia.. and one player from Bermuda who played against India in world cup..

Srilankan great Arjun Ranatunga is no where near to Rahkeem Cornwall
    munna219777