Other Sports

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Though I'm glad at the way we have outshone all other Asian countries and jumped way ahead!
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited February 2020
    Guys,I'll disappoint some of you but I feel I have to speak the truth.

lalremsiami is good but Matla(Netherlands) is outstanding in comparison to her.

As for,

Vivek Sagar Prasad(is he the best junior player in the World). I mean is he like Mbappe of Hockey. Answer yourself guys. In my opinion he has improved slightly(after 2 years) but still he has a long way to go in order to cement his place in Indian Hockey Team, let alone be regarded as the best junior player in the world.

Manpreet has been our most consistent player without any doubt (he has stood out) . If anybody deserves this award out of this three (Vivek,Lalremsiami and Manpreet) it's definitely Manpreet but I am not a 100% sure that he was the best player in the world for this past year.

But,one thing is sure that Manpreet certainly deserves to be in the top 3 atleast. Therefore, I am not complaining but other two look suspicious to me. Probably,Narendra Batra(Effect,positive one for a change)
    Ronnyashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    Badminton Asian Championship (Men) : India defeated Thailand 3-2 to enter SF and will be facing Indonesia.. it is good win as Satwik is not playing and top 2 single players lost their games ( Sai & Srikanth )
    kartik91
    Badminton Asian Championship (Men) : India settled with Bronze after losing to defending champions Indonesia. However, we fought hard and won 2 games despite not having Satwik , even Srikanth not played today and Sai Praneeth retired after losing 1st set...
    Sachin Tendulkar's 2011 World Cup victory lap named best Laureus sporting moment in last 20 years
    atuljgkartik91
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    @Ronny

You are totally wrong. People in US are not watching women's soccer because they are sexist. Because its the sport that every women gets to play. More women play soccer than men. Soccer is their primary sport at school and university level. You can hardly find any university not having a women's soccer team. Women here want to play sport. Again to answer the crowd. You are not sure the level that they play at. It's admirable the way they play. You should even check out the bar scene people here cheer their women's team and are proud of what they do every time.

You are just throwing out your mindset into this. 
    Nagendrakartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    SUNIL KUMAR wins Gold Medal in the Asian Wrestling Championship in Greco Roman  category.

He along with Gurpreet Singh are the torch bearer's of Greco-Roman in India.Both are ranked inside Top 10 of their categories. In my opinion, they both have an outside chance to medal at 2020 Olympics(specially Gurpreet).
    Nagendramunna219777kartik91
    ;giridharan

I echo with your words..

Soccer is main sport for women in USA..  As you said, women's soccer attendance is due to level of play

Along with this, they are successful in World Cup & Olympics... 

They won 4 World cups & 4 Olympic Gold medals.. So far, only once they are not in top 3 either in World Cup or Olympics that too recently in 2016 Olympics, they lost to Sweden in QF via penalty shoot-out..
    munna219777giridharan
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    It's not my mindset bro..It's the unfortunate truth. However what you are saying is true about it being the most popular sport amongst women..How would I not know that? I am a part time coach for our women's team in Brookhaven,gerogia and spending all my spare time in coaching..Thanks to that I have also started working on my own nutrition and fitness levels!
    munna219777giridharanashindiakartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Probably USA is the only country where Women's Soccer is more popular then Men's Soccer Team. By promoting Womens soccer, are they making up for failure to achieve victories at international level by their Mens Team- so their media promote Womens soccer more as they win at olympic / world ? Or womens soccer team is into political activism like opposing Trump, feminist agenda, gay rights - thats why their media is promoting them.
     They are even speaking on Mexico wall ha ha ha

In Europe, TV ratings of womens soccer is not even 1 % of Men's Football. Spain Italy Portugal really close to zero.

Lets say different countries and cultures- unique things we witness.

giridharan