Aizawl FC

Comments

• mizo wrote:
    @arsenalfan, thank you for your advise, this is the first year for Aizawl FC after reviving our team. Till now we don't have many professional players in Mizoram though they may play in professional team but they are not professionals in mental. We have only one AFC 'B' License holder coach (Joseph who is looking after Aizawl FC). There are so many skill players in Mizoram but not professionals in mentally now.

Teams from others State always think that they can pull out any Mizo players without any proper contracts till date. They have to think different way now.

Mizoram is becoming a State of football festival now.. Red Ribbon Inter Village (a tournament consisting of 222 teams are participating) is going on now. MFA cup (A tournament consisting of all districts and blocks are participating) will be held from May. Then another MFA 3rd Division Zone Championship League, 2nd Division League and First Division league are on the way for this year. Aizawl FC is also one of Mizoram 3rd Division teams.

For a "B" licensed coach he has brought you guys up higher than expected.

As for players, that is the problem when a new team from a region with no other I-League or I-League 2 team comes up to the I-League 2. There players will be exposed to a new range of professionalism (well actually it is 2nd Division but you know what I mean) and get better with each passing game. You guys went from losing 5-0 to ONGC to losing 4-3 to Mohammedan! There is improvement from the first game.

As for the tournaments, hopefully there are some good talents there and also check out players in the Nagaland Premier League. There are some nice players in the NPL which are already making names for themselves.
  • mizomizo 248 Points
    Yes, i have seen some naga boys played in Kohima. I have watched Sikkim United Vs Life Sports FC exhibition match. I saw some good players in Nagaland. We, Aizawl FC, played Royal Gold Cup in 2010(Champion) and 2011(Runner's Up), we thrashed Life Sports FC in SEMIS final of 2011 by 5 goals margin. I saw one good midfielder and one good defender there.. and i also have seen New Market XI played etc.. They have talents but not proper management and leagues.
  • mizomizo 248 Points
    Thank you arsenalfan .. we are going to be in top 3 (EPL) :)
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    In next 5 yrs, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Nagaland teams are going to be major challengers.... good going, just dont lose heart from initial dissapointments
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    this might be the learning year for your team
  • It is. Every club begins with a knock-down. Even here (and yes I will use another MLS example) with every new expansion club that comes in, they do horrible there first year. Once the team gets settled and the professionalism gets great the team will get better.
  • mizomizo 248 Points
    We received this match fixing allegation information from AIFF, the AIFF sent this letter to all participating teams.

Ref No. AIFF/ I League 2nd Division Match Fixing/1028

19/03/2012

To

All Participating teams
    2"d Division I-League 2011-12

Dear Sirs,

Sub:- Match Fixing allegations

This has reference to the above mentioned subject. Please be informed that we have
    received media reports stating that match fixing allegations are being made by various
    teams.
    We would like to draw your attention here that any such remarks to the media against
    the Federation are tighly unacceptable unless substantiated with u"yj"1T conclusive evidence. If official is found making such remarks then disciplinary action would be taken against the team.

This is for your information and necessary action.

General Secretary
    CC: Mr. Praful M Patel, president AIFF
    Mr. Sunando Dhar, CEO I-League
    Concer:ned LOC
  • mizo wrote:
    We received this match fixing allegation information from AIFF, the AIFF sent this letter to all participating teams.

Ref No. AIFF/ I League 2nd Division Match Fixing/1028

19/03/2012

To

All Participating teams
    2"d Division I-League 2011-12

Dear Sirs,

Sub:- Match Fixing allegations

This has reference to the above mentioned subject. Please be informed that we have
    received media reports stating that match fixing allegations are being made by various
    teams.
    We would like to draw your attention here that any such remarks to the media against
    the Federation are tighly unacceptable unless substantiated with u"yj"1T conclusive evidence. If official is found making such remarks then disciplinary action would be taken against the team.

This is for your information and necessary action.

General Secretary
    CC: Mr. Praful M Patel, president AIFF
    Mr. Sunando Dhar, CEO I-League
    Concer:ned LOC

This is what happens when other teams whine about losing. Just take it and move on (of course if you have a justifiable case then by all means appeal but for example with Ar-Hima and USFC, Ar-Hima had no evidence)

Anyway I doubt Aizawl is cheating and hopefully you guys will win next round.
  • Oh and @mizo Thank you for posting this letter here. It is great to have inside information from people who work with the team.

Still great to have you here Mizo.
  • mizomizo 248 Points
    Having a practice at 11 for today. Our next match is with United Sikkim tomorrow at 3 PM.