Players you want to see in East Bengal next session.

Comments

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    edited March 2019
    I would prefer CR7 over Sardar Azmoun !  :D 

Although he is 35 (about a decade elder to Sardar), but should be cracker of a deal for EB and Indian Football! 

Not sure about Isac though, post that!
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    It had been stated specifically at the beginning of the thread not to mention unrealistic targets.

Azmoun has recently signed a deal with Zenit St. Petersburg (Feb, 2019) and no way he is going to change clubs so soon. Besides, he, or players like him, would cost a mint and even if Quess managed to buy such a player, their resources would be severely depleted and we would not be able to get good players for other positions
    @Baberto: My only prominent memory of Kayne Vncent is his goal against EB in the I-league match in 2012 when he ran the entire half of the pitch and tapped the ball in the empty goal, Gurpreet having left his charge and gone into the Prayag United box when EB had got the corner in injury-time

Now that you mention him, I find that he had quite impressive stats during his stint in India
    munna219777
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    Yeah, I used to think that goal was a real life turner for Gurpreet until he conceded a more pathetic howler against Jordan! 

Coming back to the topic, I believe those years, after 2011 Asian Cup, were really dark for Indian football. Let alone Kayne Vincent, even Rohit Chand and Amiri used looked so much better than their Indian couterparts. 
    Do you remember Mamunul Islam? He proved that at that very point of time we were technically worse than even Bangladesh! 
    Carbon_14munna219777sparta
    @Baberto: Two other howlers of GSS were the goal conceded against Ranti when he fluffed a long-ranger and allowed the ball to trickle in (again against Prayag) and the goal he conceded against Al-Kuwait in the AFC Cup in 2013 in the away fixture...flailed at an innocuous cross and spilt it front of an opposition player who simply tapped the ball in. However, he has improved a lot nowadays and the goal that you mention are rare and far between

I remember Mamunul for his exploits during the IFA Shield as a part of Sheikh Jamal. ATK signed him and there was much hoo-ha about his purported joining either of the Kolkata giants in the near future.

And then nothing happened!!
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    No need of Aidara next year. Enrique also was shit today and he will struggle in ISL. Acosta is leaving for NEU, Dovale also is shit and shouldn't be in EB.
    Can someone suggest some good Indian left backs for the next season?

Currently Chullova and Manoj Mohammed play in that position, both of them have potential but are very inconsistent.
    Also, they provide good support in the attack but often err in their defensive duties.

I feel this is one of the positions which has constantly plagued EB, ever since the times of Morgan. I remember that the likes of Saumik Dey and Robert would often help out with the attack with their marauding runs along the flanks but failed to track back and left gaping holes in the defence.

Now that Quess is trying to inject professionalism in the club, they should address this issue
    Samyajit
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    Shouvik Ghosh (26 yrs) is a good left back. His contract with NorthEast United FC will expire in May'19.
    munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Subashish 
    Jerry 
    Mandar, Edwin both are wingers make shift

Sanjeev Stalin 
    thebeautifulgame
    What about Abhash Thapan of Real Kashmir? From whatever little I could watch him play, he appeared pretty decent, though a bit raw