Players you want to see in East Bengal next session.

Comments

• DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    7 Foreigners that EB can sign/keep for ISL :
    Axel Méyé (23 year old Gabon international, currently plays in Kuwait and can easily be signed) (Striker)
    Paulo Henrique (29 year old Brazilian striker, most recently played in Turkish 1st division and is a free agent)
    Yoann Gourcuff (would be a dream signing for EB, free agent and a French international. Attacking midfielder who can create lots of chances and has tons of experience in Ligue 1. Hard but possible to sign as a marquee)
    Brian Óscar Sarmiento (28 year old Argentine midfielder, recently played for Newell's in Argentine first division, free agent)
    Jaime Santos
    Borja Gomez
    Frickson Erazo (Would be an awesome signing and is much better than Acosta. 30 year old Ecuadorian international and recently played for Atletico Miniero. Can be signed as a marquee and is currently a free agent)

debarghya89[Deleted User]deepu
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Gourcuff is a player i want to see in ISL
    DEFENCE123[Deleted User]
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    edited March 2019
    I think Menendez will retain Borja, Santos, Esqueda and Aidara. 

It's ISL and not ACL, East Bengal doesn't need to break the bank. Money will be better spent in raiding bankrupt clubs like FCPC, NEUFC, DD etc for Indian players.
    DEFENCE123goalkeepardeepu
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    He needs to get a good goalkeeper and one more foreign Center back.... Can swap Acosta for Janeiler Rivas Palacios  with NEUFC who was terrific yesterday  ..   And one more top striker ... 

All the foreign players who played for NEUFC yesterday were playing in Top tier Football in respective countries like Uruguay, Columbia and Netherlands.... That has been the secret of Eelco Scatorie who could qualify with average indian players ....  East Bengal can follow the same philosophy and do well to sign most of these Uruguan & Columbian players  (who speak spanish and can gel well with other spaniards in EB) in NEUFC
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    I think EB should get a good foreign CAM (preferably from middle-east),a good Indian CB and one or two Indian keepers. I don't think Menendez would let go of Acosta, his combination with Borja has been good off late. I would like to have Subroto Paul back, and Dovale replaced by Lanzarote or Garcia.
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    @EastBengalPride @goalkeepar ;  Aidara and all won't cut it in ACL qualifiers. EB needs proper players in ACL. maybe for ISL Aidara is ok but they will lose badly if Aidara is there in ACL
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    @DEFENCE123 I don't think they would have the opportunity of using Aidara if they at all get an ACL chance. My guess is that Menendez would go for Esqueda, Borja, Santos+ Asian player.
    goalkeepar
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    For a long time we haven't seen a good Asian player in India.. Paartalu is decent. But no top level player. There were talks of Masoud Shojaei to FC Goa. But that never materialised.
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Remember Marcelinho got angry when linked to EB after first season?

I would love to see him at EB and eating his own words :)