I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• rudra wrote: »
    why are USFC wasting a foreigner quota on a goalkeeper? Is it because they are not having clean sheets? for that have a good defence, get a good Indian goalie...U can get a decent indian goalie for cheap...This is one position Indians have lot of good guys

<br><div><br></div><div>Other than a few who are already contracted for a few years who else is actually good. India is not that good at keepers. We have a few bright ones but lets not kid ourselves.</div>
  • We talked about this last week and now I dont know where to put this so I shall put it here.<div><br></div><div>MLS's Juan Pablo Angel (140 games, 70 goals) (Former Aston Villa and Columbia national team striker)</div><div><br></div><div>- Last week we talked about his salary and said how it is 6 crore. Well yesterday MLS released the salaries for the 2012 season. Juan Pablo Angel will earn $350,000 for the year (That is $1,000,000 less than what we predicted last week). And after doing the math that is 1.32 Crore (Correct me if wrong). </div><div><br></div><div>So basically Ranti Martins, Tolgay Ozbey, Sunil Chhetri, Subrata Pal, and Gouramangi Singh will earn almost as much as one of the best MLS players ever. Based on the attendance figures, this just kills the league financially.</div><div><br></div><div>BTW For those who want to know the salaries of the top players in MLS.</div><div><br></div><div>- Thierry Henry: $5,500,000 a year</div><div>- Rafa Marquez: $4,600,000 a year</div><div>- David Beckham: $3,200,000 a year</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    <br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Other than a few who are already contracted for a few years who else is actually good. India is not that good at keepers. We have a few bright ones but lets not kid ourselves.</div>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>How do u know that? Very surprised with this kind of comments</b></div>
  • rudra wrote: »
    <br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Other than a few who are already contracted for a few years who else is actually good. India is not that good at keepers. We have a few bright ones but lets not kid ourselves.</div>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>How do u know that? Very surprised with this kind of comments</b></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>You said yourself a few months ago when we were talking about Pawan Kumar who to you is not that good as well.</div><div><br></div><div>Also it is not as if I dont watch I-League, I watched plenty of matches this past season. The keepers are not that great. Lets not be like the English and overrate our players.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    rudra wrote: »

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><b>How do u know that? Very surprised with this kind of comments</b></div>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">You said yourself a few months ago when we were talking about Pawan Kumar who to you is not that good as well.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Also it is not as if I dont watch I-League, I watched plenty of matches this past season. The keepers are not that great. Lets not be like the English and overrate our players.</div>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Why suddenly Pawan Kumar here??? there are pretty good goalie all around the country.... The only position India produces good players is goalkeepers. If out of 4 foreigner slot, 1 is goalkeeping, that is bound to surprise people...Even many goalkeepers who cant make it to the first XI in I league are good enough...</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div>But the real surprise is that some kid suddenly jumping up and say <b>Indians are not that good with keepers</b> like an expert... easy to make such a statement i guess..all it needs is typing</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Oh dont be a cunt about it. Its my opinion. Again like I said with Somesh if people choose to believe me then it is there opinion.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If I did not have an opinion then why would I even be on here. Why would any of us be here. Can we have our own views. Does everyone have to have the same view. That is silly. Just because I have a different view than you and I express it does not mean you have to go all irate on me.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway I used Pawan Kumar as just one example. I dont think we are shit and you are right that we produce more keepers than any other position but we are not that good. Even Subrata can be fooled if the attack is smart enough. (And yes I am aware of his heroics in the AFC Asian Cup against Australia and South Korea but lets not judge on only two games). Look at Subrata with Pune. Look at Karanjit for India and a little with Salgaocar. Our two best keepers supposedly, still have a long-way to go. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Anyway what do I know, I am just a kid, not as if a kid managed to make a huge social network and come out with probably one of the biggest IPO's ever.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">BTW what do you count as "not a kid" in terms of age?</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @arsenalfan - apologies for over-reacting
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Well not a player transfer but an official coach signing which we all know was going to happen...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Santosh Kashyap has officially signed for Mohun Bagan.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_air-india-coach-santosh-kashyap-joins-mohun-bagan_1693819</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also again I am very sorry for my actions. I think we should all expect this from me after 8 months.</font></div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They were in talks.<div><br></div><div>BTW people know that Van Djik still has 1 year left on his deal right?</div>