I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    sparta wrote: »
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    We talked about this last week and now I dont know where to put this so I shall put it here.<div><br></div><div>MLS's Juan Pablo Angel (140 games, 70 goals) (Former Aston Villa and Columbia national team striker)</div><div><br></div><div>- Last week we talked about his salary and said how it is 6 crore. Well yesterday MLS released the salaries for the 2012 season. Juan Pablo Angel will earn $350,000 for the year (That is $1,000,000 less than what we predicted last week). And after doing the math that is 1.32 Crore (Correct me if wrong). </div><div><br></div><div>So basically Ranti Martins, Tolgay Ozbey, Sunil Chhetri, Subrata Pal, and Gouramangi Singh will earn almost as much as one of the best MLS players ever. Based on the attendance figures, this just kills the league financially.</div><div><br></div><div>BTW For those who want to know the salaries of the top players in MLS.</div><div><br></div><div>- Thierry Henry: $5,500,000 a year</div><div>- Rafa Marquez: $4,600,000 a year</div><div>- David Beckham: $3,200,000 a year</div>

<br><br>Seems like you either need some maths tuition here or need to know the current exchange rate :P <br><h2 class="r" style="font-size: 138%;"><b>350000 * 56 = 1,96,00,000 INR <br></b></h2><br>Even this price might be affordable for clubs,but whether the move could work or not is unknown.<br>

Sparta you need to look at the annualized guaranteed compenbsation and not the base salary.The amount that you have given for Angel is his base salary.The corrected figure is 600000 which comes around 3 Cr with conversion rate of 50.Now if he wants to switch from MLS to pathetic I league he will demand more money, which comes around 4-5 CR.Then there is a risk of playing on uneven turfs at around 40 degrees throughout the season.So it is kind of huge gamble.<br>
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    <font size="2">
    </font><span style="font-size: 10pt; "> </span><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><span style="font-size: small; ">Its all confirmed. Just a reminder also that we can not make a wiki page yet for them.</span></div><font size="2">
     </font><div><font size="2"><br></font></div><div><font size="2">seems like u read my mind!...maybe i will try sandbox for now </font><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">:P</span></div>
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    @somesh...correct your blogpost in IFN..Mohammad Omar is a former UAE captain but not in world cup
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    dip_anj wrote: »
    sparta wrote: »
    We talked about this last week and now I dont know where to put this so I shall put it here.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">MLS's Juan Pablo Angel (140 games, 70 goals) (Former Aston Villa and Columbia national team striker)</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">- Last week we talked about his salary and said how it is 6 crore. Well yesterday MLS released the salaries for the 2012 season. Juan Pablo Angel will earn $350,000 for the year (That is $1,000,000 less than what we predicted last week). And after doing the math that is 1.32 Crore (Correct me if wrong). </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">So basically Ranti Martins, Tolgay Ozbey, Sunil Chhetri, Subrata Pal, and Gouramangi Singh will earn almost as much as one of the best MLS players ever. Based on the attendance figures, this just kills the league financially.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">BTW For those who want to know the salaries of the top players in MLS.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">- Thierry Henry: $5,500,000 a year</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">- Rafa Marquez: $4,600,000 a year</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">- David Beckham: $3,200,000 a year</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Seems like you either need some maths tuition here or need to know the current exchange rate :P </font><br><h2 class="r" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-size: 138%; "><b>350000 * 56 = 1,96,00,000 INR <br></b></h2><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Even this price might be affordable for clubs,but whether the move could work or not is unknown.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

Sparta you need to look at the annualized guaranteed compenbsation and not the base salary.The amount that you have given for Angel is his base salary.The corrected figure is 600000 which comes around 3 Cr with conversion rate of 50.Now if he wants to switch from MLS to pathetic I league he will demand more money, which comes around 4-5 CR.Then there is a risk of playing on uneven turfs at around 40 degrees throughout the season.So it is kind of huge gamble.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    </font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">True. Never thought of that. I am sure if he was to come here (which I dont think will ever happen) then he wont ask for that much. Right now it is $600,000 and I bet if he were to come here, at his age and his recent performance I think it would be around $200,000 to $700,000 in yearly salary. He also does not do shirt sales and all that like Artega with Dempo.</font></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Also another reason why I doubt Angel would come here is because of his family. His kids had to move from Birmingham, England to New York and then 4 years later move to Los Angeles and I bet they only got settled this year.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Going from LA to Kolkata or somewhere else would not be hard for Angel and wife to get used to but his kids would have trouble.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Anyway I never said I wanted him badly. Would be nice... I love this guy. Here is a recent goal he just scored against NEW YORK which was his former club...</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Hey I am still surprised no one has talked about the possibility of getting Phil Younghusband of the Philippines. He would be a great signing for any club and he is already to good for the Phillipeano league. (18 goals in 13 games) and he was top scorer in the AFC Challenge Cup. Plus he would be cheap.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Is there any rumor of some sort. I can see Pune FC going for him if Kieta leaves or United Sikkim.</font></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    yeah if any clubs goes for him i would be super happy especially due to him being an ex chelsea player.....
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Some news from Goa. Churchill Brothers have renewed Ogba Nanna's contract for 1 year
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    somesh wrote: »
    Some news from Goa. Churchill Brothers have renewed Ogba Nanna's contract for 1 year

<br><div><br></div><div>But Ogba was SCG team player..CB signed him or SCG renewed?</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Oops I meant SCG renewed