I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > So far no European player has made a long-term impact in Indian League. Maybe thats his opportunity.
    According to forums, his family had tough time adjusting in Busan. I guess Goa with expat population and beaches might have attracted him.

Players from Europe have always struggled to play here,but this guy has played in Australia and Aussis in general have been a hit here,maybe due to much similar climatic conditions(I know India quite a lot hotter but some what).

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

I would love to see clubs like Dempo, East Bengal,Mohun Bagan and Prayag also sign quality foreigners rather than shuffling around with the same shit. Players like Chidi, Odafa,Koko should be done away with.

These kind of signings will also create interest among the fans.

• shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points

Gud to see quality players coming to i league

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

There r jus 2 issues i league need to sort out..weekend games n night games.. will create an atmosphere which will make league attractive like in asean region.. otherwise its going in right direction..

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Shah476 said:
    There r jus 2 issues i league need to sort out..weekend games n night games.. will create an atmosphere which will make league attractive like in asean region.. otherwise its going in right direction..

This year it has mostly been on weekends. But today was an exception.

• United Sikkim to bring in a Spanish striker and Australian midfielder

• So I wonder who could be leaving. Obviously they have that one Asian spot free but what about the other spots. They would need to release someone to make it work and Michael Rodrigues is their captain so Salau would be the odd man out.

Either way I like what I am hearing. USFC started the season with 4 foreigners being Salau, Michael, DG, and Tae and now they could have a completely different 4 from the one that started the season, with one remaining.

Of course, keep in mind, this is United Sikkim and we should not just suspect that Spanish player will automatically mean "Super Player".
  • As for Lajong. Well done for them. To me they have used the Transfer Window the best. Signing 2 Japanese players and releasing Ebi Sukore is an amazing move.

Now they have a quality foreign defender, quality foreign midfielder, and quality foreign forward. All North-East Asian as well and usually they have a good record here.

Overall though I am happy with the moves the clubs are making. We are slowly transitioning from dealing with the crap facebook type foreign signings to actually signing some quality past its from the A-League or quality from leagues that are around the same as us.

This shows great growth. I hope IMG-Reliance is watching to.
  • Probably this is the player coming to USFC..(Don't ask for a source!!)

• If United Sikkim could sign this guy then that would be the best signing in I-League history based on CV (Maybe Indian football, he have had a former Arsenal player play for East Bengal and former Nigerian internationals plus Chima Okore had games in England's professional leagues).

But it does beg the question if true: If United Sikkim can sign players like Landa and Pablo all of a sudden then how come they had to settle for Salau, Michael, DG, and Tae in the beginning of the season?

Where is all this extra money to sign these guys coming from? Is it just the power of Baichung's connections and the fact that it would be a half a year deal or did United Sikkim find a new source for revenue?